Misnamed Board

Started by John Cook, 12 June 2024, 01:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno 3

Cheers, Ian.😀

It happens VERY rarely, so it's hardly a big problem. ;)

I wonder if odd 'glitches' appear depending on whether I look at 'stuff' on the PC or the tablet.

They do give  slightly different screens, which for an old 'f*rt' like me gets annoying. ;)

e.g....If I want to look something up in the Pendraken 'shop'.....I HAVE to use the PC....I can't find my way around in the 'shop', using the tablet, at all !
I'll do this later

Orcs

Quote from: Techno 3 on 30 July 2024, 09:02:54 AMBut not on the speed of his reply ?  ;)

He should be super fast for the next 6 weeks as he is off for the summer holidays.
(Cue teasing about the amount of holiday teachers get and the fact theyb cannot work for more than 6 weeks without a week off)  ;D  ;D  ;D

P.S My daughter is a teacher, so i know its not quite as it seems 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Gentlemen,
I hate to inform you, but you appear to understand the misapprehension that I am still a teacher.
Since June, I have been working for Majestic Wines as an assistant manager in my local branch.
The hours are long, pay less than teaching, but the stress is practically zero.

The homework is fun though.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Congratulations on the stress reduction :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

henjed

That ought to be fun (albeit unstressed fun) - I was a branch manager for Oddbins in the early 90s and very much enjoyed my stint at a number of different shops in the North West.  It did nothing for my liver but a lot for my ability to locate and enjoy good wine and bamboozle colleagues in my current job with literate wine-speak.

Orcs

Quote from: Duke Speedy of Leighton on 30 July 2024, 11:17:51 PMGentlemen,
I hate to inform you, but you appear to understand the misapprehension that I am still a teacher.
Since June, I have been working for Majestic Wines as an assistant manager in my local branch.
The hours are long, pay less than teaching, but the stress is practically zero.

The homework is fun though.

Understand reducing the stress.
Cheers

Mark

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

I'd have thought that running a retail outlet that flogs alcohol would be quite a high stress environment? Threat of stealing and being robbed. Or have I been over-terrified by recent news reports on shoplifting & violence towards shopworkers?

Orcs

Quote from: Raider4 on 31 July 2024, 12:33:48 PMI'd have thought that running a retail outlet that flogs alcohol would be quite a high stress environment? Threat of stealing and being robbed. Or have I been over-terrified by recent news reports on shoplifting & violence towards shopworkers?
Compared to dealing with some of the School kids today, the shop is far safer. My daughter and her colleagues have has chairs thrown across the classroom, a computer thrown at her, had to physically restrain an child , and another child stopped in the playground with a knife on them.

When the kids are pulled up for this behavior, more often then not the parents blame the teacher.

This is not some inner city slum secondary school, but a nice C of E run primary  school with a good reputation and OFSTED reports.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Raider4 on 31 July 2024, 12:33:48 PMI'd have thought that running a retail outlet that flogs alcohol would be quite a high stress environment? Threat of stealing and being robbed. Or have I been over-terrified by recent news reports on shoplifting & violence towards shopworkers?

Leighton Buzzard is pretty quiet
We have a regular shoplifter, but she's barred.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner