Painted 10mm figure prices?

Started by Leon, 07 June 2024, 12:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Just a query as we don't get involved in the painted side of things much, what's the going rate for painted 10mm figures?

And before anybody asks, we're not about to get into offering painted armies!  I've just got a bunch of old display figures that I don't have a use for, so I'm wondering whether to just sell them off.  A lot of them are 'tabletop standard' odds and ends that were done by a variety of people.  But a couple of them are top-quality 'pro' level paintjobs and would make a great addition to someone's collection.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Ebay might be worth a look.

Ebay painted 10mm figures.

It seems to be between 40 and 50p per foot figure.

Last Hussar

I'd say closer to 70p on that link - may have changed since you posted.

My thought is it might be difficult to sell because I'm guessing lots of individual figures, not whole units.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

jimduncanuk

I would bag the whole lot together and ask for a reasonable charitable donation.

Job done.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Orcs

Fernando charges £1.15 infantry and £2.30 for cavalry  for what he calls "Showcase standard".

His collector standard, that is probably nearer table top is 65p infantry and £1.30 Cavalry.

Put them is suitable groups, take a photo, sensible starting price and auction them off to the forum. Either for charity or M'lady's holiday fund. :-)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Thanks for the info guys, I'll get some photos taken of them and give everyone here first look at them.

Quote from: Last Hussar on 07 June 2024, 12:09:00 PMMy thought is it might be difficult to sell because I'm guessing lots of individual figures, not whole units.

These are mainly full units/bases of figures as they were display pieces for taking to the shows years ago.  They're not the painted website ones as I've got plans for those in the shop.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I charge less,but have never won a painting competition
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Quote from: Duke Speedy of Leighton on 07 June 2024, 07:20:51 PMI charge less,but have never won a painting competition

I once got some GW Necromunda Escher gangers painted to a very good painting standard, and I was too bothered about damaging the paintjobs since I didn't know what paints had been used. I sold them on, never having played with them.

Now, if I'm painting stuff to play with, I paint to a lesser standard. I'm, also, seriously considering paying someone to paint some stuff to a gaming standard for my father and myself to game with, where it doesn't matter too much what they look like, just that they're painted and ready to play with - also, I'm not bothered if the paintjobs gets damaged through use or incident.
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

John Cook

Quote from: Last Hussar on 07 June 2024, 12:09:00 PMI'd say closer to 70p on that link - may have changed since you posted.

My thought is it might be difficult to sell because I'm guessing lots of individual figures, not whole units.

70p?  I don't know why anybody would bother at those prices.  You'd need to knock out at least 16 an hour to approach minimum wage.

Corso

I only sell stuff on I have no use for it. If I covered the cost of the original purchase, I'm happy
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Quote from: Corso on 10 June 2024, 11:24:40 AMI only sell stuff on I have no use for it.
So you never sell stuff?  Asking for a wargamer.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

fsn

I see that Monty charges for hard (e.g.Napoleonics) and Very hard (e.g Hussars)

I take this as evidence that my dislike of Hussars is not irrational.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:

fsn

Quote from: fsn on 10 June 2024, 11:38:35 AMI take this as evidence that my dislike of Hussars is not irrational.

What I should say, is that "my dislike of painting Hussars is not irrational". No offence meant. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: