Tony Anderson of Navwar

Started by Orcs, 01 June 2024, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

I am seeing reports on Facebook from David Manly of the Navwar fan site that Tony Anderson the proprietor has passed away. However I cannot find any reports elsewhere to confirm or deny this
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

pierre the shy

Unfortunately the reports appear to be correct Orcs, there is a thread on TMP about this today  :(

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=579242

This will leave a big gap in the naval wargaming scene....even from the other side of the world using a fax machine Tony and Navwar were always great to deal with, gave great service and produced excellent 1/3000 scale ship models.....RIP Tony.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

slugbalancer

Always a great chap to have a chin wag with.  A sad loss.

paulr

RIP Tony

Perhaps a 1/3,000 naval game at the Call to Arms convention would be in order
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

streetgang

Over the years I placed several orders with Tony, I usually sent an order slip via snail mail and would receive the shipment much quicker than anticipated. Exemplary service while still using antiquated methods which brought me great joy.

My 1/3000 pre-dreadnought fleets are all Navwar. My final order was a few years back, Russian, Chinese and Japanese fleets for the Sino-Japanese and Russo-Japanese naval wars. They are still in the unopened parcel, at some point I will have to open them up and paint them in Tony's honor. Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!