Now that's what I call good service

Started by pierre the shy, 27 May 2024, 09:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Ordered "a few bits and pieces" from Pendraken recently, mainly ECW related camp followers and some extra cavalry figures to bulk up some existing Dutch horse units I have. 

According to Royal Mail tracking the package was picked up from Pendraken HQ at 08:24pm, 23 May 2024 

It arrived in NZ at 06:27pm, 27 May 2024 and cleared customs in Auckland.

4 days to get half way round the world is pretty fast, I'd expect to see the NZ Post courier sometime on Wednesday.

I'm suitably impressed.
"Bomps a daisy....it's enough to make you weep!"

Techno 3

It often takes longer than that to get from Middlesbrough to Wales !

(It probably goes the wrong way....Over Europe...over Russia....over the Pacific...across the States...over the Atlantic..has a rest in Ireland, then catches the ferry to Fishguard, and then on to the delivery office.)  ;)
I'll do this later

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No one understands the mysteries of postage. I suspect the delay in Wales may be due to the 2 mph speed limit blanketed over the country....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

You've seen the new Welsh flag then, Ian....with a red snail replacing the red dragon.
(It's so long since I've linked a piccy onto to the forum I've forgotten how to do it.) 8-}
I'll do this later

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

That is fast! This year some weeks we've only seen the posties 50% of the time :-\  :( .

Gwydion

I don't object to 20mph in 'built up areas'. I do object to 20mph on a ring road specifically designed to avoid the 'built up areas'. No political comment but it does seem this wasn't entirely thought through at all levels.

Glad the post to NZ works better. :)

Techno 3

Quote from: Ithoriel on 27 May 2024, 04:16:29 PM

20MPG though?
Thanks, Mike.

Though the one I saw, didn't have any text on it....especially the 20MPG...😄
I'll do this later

Leon

Quote from: pierre the shy on 27 May 2024, 09:24:48 AMAccording to Royal Mail tracking the package was picked up from Pendraken HQ at 08:24pm, 23 May 2024 

It arrived in NZ at 06:27pm, 27 May 2024 and cleared customs in Auckland.

4 days to get half way round the world is pretty fast, I'd expect to see the NZ Post courier sometime on Wednesday.

Wow, that's insanely fast, I can't quite believe it's got there so quickly!  We regularly send packages to my brother-in-law in New Plymouth and it's usually at least 10-14 days before they arrive, even with courier services.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Just got a delivery which was supposed to arrive on 6/6 this afternoon from Germany - ordered on 17th May,
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

hammurabi70

QuoteWow, that's insanely fast, I can't quite believe it's got there so quickly!  We regularly send packages to my brother-in-law in New Plymouth and it's usually at least 10-14 days before they arrive, even with courier services.
I once posted a letter in Tokyo and it arrived next day at the London address!  Impressive achievement for all involved.

pierre the shy

With a courier for delivery today so a week from door to door. Not a record but still very impressed with the time to get it to me.... will be busy this weekend  :)
"Bomps a daisy....it's enough to make you weep!"

Raider4

QuoteI don't object to 20mph in 'built up areas'. I do object to 20mph on a ring road specifically designed to avoid the 'built up areas'.
No objection to a lower speed limit, but technically 20 is a real pain. Just too fast for 2nd gear. 3rd gear is just about fine on the flat, but the slightest hill means I have to change down again. It feels like I'm constantly shifting between 2nd & 3rd gear to drive at 20mph.

25mph would be a better lower limit I feel. Scrap both 30 & 20 and just make it a blanket 25 in built-up areas.

John Cook

We have 20mph imposed where I live.  Waste of time, nobody seems to obey it and it isn't being enforced.  Got overtaken on the inside today by a bloke on a mobility scooter who turned off into a local care home!

fred.

QuoteNo objection to a lower speed limit, but technically 20 is a real pain. Just too fast for 2nd gear. 3rd gear is just about fine on the flat, but the slightest hill means I have to change down again. It feels like I'm constantly shifting between 2nd & 3rd gear to drive at 20mph.

25mph would be a better lower limit I feel. Scrap both 30 & 20 and just make it a blanket 25 in built-up areas.
Good idea - and I agree on the reasoning. I often find I'm doing 25mph around me, as the roads are a mix of 20s and 30s. 

QuoteGot overtaken on the inside today by a bloke on a mobility scooter who turned off into a local care home!
I was in Wales in the autumn not long after the widespread 20mph limit was introduced - I did quite a bit of pedal cycling when we were there - and was frequently faster than the cars. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts