Pulp Monster Hunting in Egypt

Started by sunjester, 06 April 2024, 11:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

I am gearing up for trying out a new set of rules, When Nightmares Come, the latest offering in the Osprey blue book series.
Although the rules are set in the contemporary era, I am going for a 1920s pulp setting, to match minis and terrain in my collection.
My random musings so far are on the blog
https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2024/04/when-nightmares-come-first-campaign.html
https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2024/04/when-nightmares-come-cast-list-egypt.html

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Looks good so far, keep us posted.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

Interesting enough, so far. (err... this might sound different than what I intend? This is where autism messes with my head. I've read your blog posts and am interested to read further.)

Do the rules provide an optional Solo mechanic, or when you play Solo, will you be adding in your own methods?
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

sunjester

Thank you chaps.

Roy, no problem. I am used to dealing with Last Hussar, so I am used to it! ;D
Plus my sister is fairly well along the spectrum!

The rules are designed for solo or co-op play, so no problem there.

Last Hussar

Quote from: sunjester on 06 April 2024, 03:13:06 PMI am used to dealing with Last Hussar, so I am used to it! ;D

Oi! I've got a medical diagnosis and everything.  Stop picking on the disabled,  that's why we have Orcs.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Roy

Quote from: sunjester on 06 April 2024, 03:13:06 PMThe rules are designed for solo or co-op play, so no problem there.

Thank you. That is interesting to know. I'll make a note of the rule book's name.
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Thank you gents.

Roy, I hope to get my first game in this week and will be posting a batrep and first thoughts after that.