My 10mm/28mm Modular Table

Started by BernaDotDotDot, 11 March 2024, 01:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernaDotDotDot

Thought someone might get a kick out of this.  This is my modular table so far.  The lower level is for 10mm.  It is perfectly flat and works a bit like an old fashioned sand table.  I don't have any images of it with terrain, but I have been making hills and such, and lots of 6mm battlescale buildings (which, even at 6mm are peerless.  I have tossed other brands at that.)

Basically adding hills, eventually rivers and roads, can use flock to blend it in and everything will look like it isnt modular. At some point underneath the cloth will be enough terrain and a box of mixed flock to make any scenario and it look like it was built for it.  I also have some water mats and sand.  I can use a neoprene water mat and some loose sand, and make the coast of the Nile or Trafalgar.  Or niche stuff that I love like Blauberg.

Also included are pictures of the insert, which over time I will do more of, but these are non modular and for 28mm.  For this one a Civil War era countryside.  Down the road I will probably do modern and sci fi.  The idea is I can just pop these out and hang them any time I want to do photo or play 10mm.

Images are the 10mm table and then process of the 28.

Just some random images from making it.  Over time, the 10mm table will show up more when I play games and photo stuff.
2024 Painting Competition - Winner!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Very, very impressive. Puts my tables to shade!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Very impressive indeed and a cracking games room too!

Roy

:-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd  :-bd

It's not bad (in typical Yorkshire understated fashion) [Translation: It's very good].

What are the table measurements, if I can enquire, please? Six feet by four feet?
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

DecemDave

Oh no.   :'(  :'(   My green blanket chucked over trestle tables has finally been bettered.   :d  :d

streetgang

Beautiful tables and setup. Very impressive stuff.
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Great looking tables and a very nice room too.

How do you plan to store the 28mm inserts when not in use?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

BernaDotDotDot

Thanks very much guys! Glad you enjoy it.

Fred - for now hanging on the wall in the garage.  In the future I have ideas for more clever ways, similar to clothes in a closet.  Will worry about that when I have a problem of too many! :)

Roy - It is around 7x5.5ft. The photos are a bit deceiving.  The large frame in the back of Egypt is almost 4 feet.

Leon

That's a fantastic looking table!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>

Very impressive room, table and terrain
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

BernaDotDotDot

d_Guy

Very impressive. Upscale museum quality and utterly professional.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on