News from TMP that Navwar is finally completely closing

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 06 February 2024, 09:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Tumbling Dice do a nice range of 1/2400th ACW ships.

I did look at the Navwar remnants on eBay but it would cost 3 or 4 times the value of the model to ship them out here....ouch
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

pierre the shy

Evidently the eariler information that Navwar is closing down is somewhat premature according to David Manley...Tony is still in business but now looking to sell up:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=576796

I hope he does find a buyer for his remaining ranges in due course. Unfortunately communication is now limited to calling at the shop when open (Saturdays) or by snail mail, the fax line is gone  :(  :'(

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

steve_holmes_11

It looks as through the website going down (again) triggered the recent rumour.

I called Tony last time the website was down.
I forget the precise details, but it was something like "The chap who put it together for me has gone overseas".
He certainly didn't regard it as the core of his business.

It's good to hear he's still with us, and healthy enough to open up on Saturdays.

Unrelated, but in passing.
Does anybody here know how to send a digital image (gif, jpg, pdf etc) to a fax machine?

fred.

QuoteUnrelated, but in passing.
Does anybody here know how to send a digital image (gif, jpg, pdf etc) to a fax machine?
There are email to fax services - basically you send an email which gets sent to a fax machine. I've only used larger commercial ones, but I'm sure a quick google will turn up something. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts