New AWI for 2024

Started by clibinarium, 22 January 2024, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

QuoteThese sculpts are fabulous. So glad I don't do AWI.....
Neither did I

Until all those new and fabulous sculpts appeared last year!
 :'(

DHautpol

QuoteThese sculpts are fabulous. So glad I don't do AWI.....

Don't count on it  ;D

Photographs of amazing sculpts have a lot to answer for.

The sculpts for the LOA cavalry lured me down that rabbithole; to the extent that I currently have 15 foot units and 10 horse units, plus grenadiers and artillery, for both sides (all based for BLB).

I was resolute that I wasn't going for the Peninsular War until the photos of the British figures appeared.  The lead mountain now boasts a dozen regiments of foot for both sides plus appropriate cavalry and guns. Actually, that's not strictly true as I have painted about half the infantry for both sides and some of the British cavalry, so they're in storage boxes rather than on the mountain slopes.

These AWI photos have now got me wondering where I put the rule set I used to use at a Club I used to attend. I must be mad to be contemplating AWI in 10mm: I already have AWI British in 15mm and some 28mm Perry Plastics (still unassembled).
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

meconicuk

Bunny

Quote from: clibinarium on 28 January 2024, 10:12:00 PMGlad commenters are liking the figures so far. Next batch is some musketeers advancing with the bayonet.
Mark, I think I may still owe you some 28mm prints, before we get on to 10mm Paraguayans?

Lovely sculpts.....are you teasing us with Paraguayans for the War of the Triple Alliance? 

clibinarium

QuoteLovely sculpts.....are you teasing us with Paraguayans for the War of the Triple Alliance?

No, absolutely not, I have no interest in that conflict. Sultanbev may be the one teasing you. We need to sort out a small 28mm project first, and then maybe we'll look into Paraguay.

sultanbev

"Lovely sculpts.....are you teasing us with Paraguayans for the War of the Triple Alliance? "

My reckoning is we can use other figures for the other armies, and have stocked up on a lot of ACW in preparation, but the Paraguayans are a bit unique with that peculiar tall sloping enlarged-kepi hat thingy. Am prepared to pay for some sculpts to be done, there wouldn't be that many..... =)

clibinarium

Quote from: sultanbev on 06 February 2024, 10:30:05 AM"Lovely sculpts.....are you teasing us with Paraguayans for the War of the Triple Alliance? "

My reckoning is we can use other figures for the other armies, and have stocked up on a lot of ACW in preparation, but the Paraguayans are a bit unique with that peculiar tall sloping enlarged-kepi hat thingy. Am prepared to pay for some sculpts to be done, there wouldn't be that many..... =)

I reckon the ACW and WoP ranges probably can proxy for most troops other than the Paraguyans?

clibinarium

Small AWI addition- British infantry mounted. Wearing cut-down coats and overall trousers. Mostly used in the Southern theatre, fought in the original dragoon fashion, i.e. ride to the action but dismount to fight. You could also probably use them as scouts if your games allow. Decided to put them on smaller horses as they probably had to make do with whatever horses could be found.

Steve J

Yet more temptation comes my way!

fred.

Wow!

I do like these - I wonder if I could squeeze them into another project??
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>  :-bd

Good call on the smaller horses :-bd

Does the tail on the right most horse in the second picture need a little more work :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Oh those hats!!   Want some.   >:<  >:<
I'm hoping Leon will issue all the new AWI in one go rather than drip feed them.  Its already taken me 4 separate orders!

clibinarium

Quote from: paulr on 12 February 2024, 03:07:57 AMDoes the tail on the right most horse in the second picture need a little more work :-\

It did, when the photo was taken.

Wonkey Donkeys

I didn't realise I needed mounted British infantry............... until  now  :o