Some of Vampifan's SciFi, now part of my collection

Started by Roy, 30 December 2023, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I don't think Bryan "Vampifan" was ever a member of the Pendraken Forum but, he was well-known in the blogosphere and on a few forums (fora?), so I'm sure some of you will have known of him or have even met him. Bryan, unfortunately, passed away at the start of 2020, for those who didn't know him.

[abbreviated and amended from my blog post]

Back in 2020, I inherited part of Bryan "Vampifan's" collection of miniatures. The provision for receiving these was "that they were to see use" - something which, I have to shamefully admit, they have not. I've always intended to use them. To play with them. I've even bought some miniatures to complement them and use against them, of a nature that I know, Bryan himself, would have approved of.

I'm going to finish this post showcasing the painted miniatures of Bryan's (some of which I've not found photographs of on his "Vampifan" blog) So, they'll possibly be being seen for the first time for a lot of people.

I'm unable to identify the miniature's manufacturers for the most part, nor the paints or colours Bryan used. But I'm sure those of you who visited Bryan's blog will simply appreciate seeing his work again.

Lastly, I should thank Bryan's brother and Joe "Zabadak" for allowing and facilitating the distribution of Bryan's miniatures - Thank you.

https://campfirefablesblog.blogspot.com/2023/12/from-one-gamers-collection-to-anothers.html
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What a lovely way to remember him. Those are superb.

May I suggest Xenos Rampant for quick, fun games, as you can build your own forces from the figures you have.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Xenos Rampant. I'll take a look at those rules. Cheers.

I was just saying on the Lead Adventure Forum, that I'm going to set myself a goal of mid-January 2024 to get in a first game with some of these miniatures. Just need to paint up a trio of miniatures, first, and finish a few quick bits of terrain. Added link to this forum will be, some of the terrain will be from The Last Valley (who trades at Battleground Show).

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Raider4

QuoteXenos Rampant. I'll take a look at those rules. Cheers.

I like the look of Space Weirdos but have yet to actually play a game. Very adaptable. Needs RPG dice though, D4 thru D12.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Roy on 31 December 2023, 04:04:25 PMI was just saying on the Lead Adventure Forum, that I'm going to set myself a goal of mid-January 2024 to get in a first game with some of these miniatures.

Awesome, look forwards to seeing that.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Some of the terrain for my planned/hoped for mid-January game, using Bryan's/Vampifan's and my own miniatures. Game to be played using Ganesha Games' Mutant and Death Ray Guns rules.

Managed to get some of the terrain finished (originally made for games of Palaeo Diet - to hide Angry Critters/Critters and/or berry bushes to forage) in between the various home help who visits us at the minute (NHS/hospice/Marie Curie) and my own filial caring duties. Big terrain piece still, obviously, to finish and I've a (smaller) terrain piece to begin, using the edible fungus clumps sold via Steve Barber Miniatures (as part of the fruit bushes armatures set).

Duke Speedy of Leighton