Pendraken Price Increase coming Jan 1st!

Started by Leon, 20 December 2023, 01:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

As mentioned in our announcement back in August, we'll be having a price increase on January 1st 2024, so you've got a little over a week to get any orders in before the changes take effect.

We'd been waiting to hear more information on the minimum wage increases, as well getting an idea on interest rates ahead of our commercial mortgage renewal (both coming in April '24), so we can now confirm that prices will have to go up by 12.5% across all of our cast metal 10mm products.  This will mean the following changes:

£6.00 > £6.75 - Standard 30-man / 15-cav packs
£2.00 > £2.25 - Standard 10-man packs
£2.95 > £3.20 - WWII 'regular' vehicles and artillery packs
£36.00 > £42.00 - Army packs

All other pack prices will change accordingly.

There will also be some other increases:

- Packs of MDF bases will go from £1.30 to £1.50 with Bulk packs going to £13 instead of £11. 
- Decals will be increasing by 20p to £2.95 per pack.
- Some of our RedVectors MDF products will be increasing over the course of January.

We're always reluctant to increase our prices as nobody wants to pay more for their hobby, especially right now when so many people are struggling with their general day-to-day bills too.  Sadly as we explained in the summer, the costs for businesses have just skyrocketed over the past couple of years and we have to make sure that we're able to cover all of these increases whilst continuing to invest in new products and ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Thanks Leon.

The warning is appreciated, and I think most of us understand without needing much in the way of explanation.

Doesn't mean we like it ... but we understand and are accepting.

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2024.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Well it was very honourable of you to give us all so much warning weeks ago if not the actual %.  "Saved" me around £40.  I just hope we haven't all accelerated our 2024 purchases too much and caused you a big dip in the New Year. Looking at my own backlog, I'm unlikely to be doing more than filling gaps.
Except when more of the latest AWI figs come into production......
And I realise what packs I should have bought in the first place..
And...
 :D

fsn

QuoteWell it was very honourable of you to give us all so much warning weeks ago if not the actual %.  "Saved" me around £40.  I just hope we haven't all accelerated our 2024 purchases too much and caused you a big dip in the New Year.

Agreed. I've put in two substantial orders in December, one of which will be "January" in my accounting. :)

This does not mean to say that there will not be further "January" orders. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

You're still my preferred purveyor of small lead figures.

Keep up the good work.

sebigboss79

Quote from: Leon on 20 December 2023, 01:43:11 AM

As mentioned in our announcement back in August, we'll be having a price increase on January 1st 2024, ...

That fails to discourage my purchases  :-\
Merry Christmas to all Pendrakens out there and a Happy New Year. See you all at Carronade.

GrahamC

It is what it is and they're still remarkably cheap all things considered. Your new AWI when released will open my wallet and mulling over starting a new period 🤣
Sadly no longer with us, RIP - Feb 2024.

paulr

I'm sure we are all willing to pay a bit more to ensure Pendraken continues to provide:
  • great products :-bd
  • additional temptations ;)
  • wonderful service =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maraviglia

Harsh times. As everyone has said though I'm sure we all appreciate the warning and I can't see it off-putting many (any) of us.
Meanwhile let's see what the Xmas haul of "I didn't know what to get you so here's money" can do for an order during that dead week between Xmas and New year!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Is it wrong to wait until January to pay more?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Thanks for all of the positive comments, always appreciated.

Quote from: DecemDave on 20 December 2023, 09:37:47 AMWell it was very honourable of you to give us all so much warning weeks ago if not the actual %. 

I was hoping to only go to £6.50 but the minimum wage and mortgage increases alone are going to be £15,000+ each year, so it would be too tight and we might just find ourselves back in the same situation 6 months down the line.  This increase should cover everything and give us a bit of wriggle room if something unexpected comes along.

Quote from: GrahamC on 20 December 2023, 12:41:44 PMIt is what it is and they're still remarkably cheap all things considered. Your new AWI when released will open my wallet and mulling over starting a new period 🤣

I'll be getting those sorted for mid-late January I think, once the last of the Sci-Fi moulds have been finished.

Quote from: Maraviglia on 20 December 2023, 06:39:48 PMMeanwhile let's see what the Xmas haul of "I didn't know what to get you so here's money" can do for an order during that dead week between Xmas and New year!

I'm expecting a surge in orders ahead of Jan 1st so there should be a nice stack to keep the guys busy when we return to work.

Quote from: Lord Speedy of Leighton on 20 December 2023, 09:01:32 PMIs it wrong to wait until January to pay more?

A little bit?!  I'd rather people take advantage of the current pricing where possible, no need to pay more for it if you've got orders planned that you're ready to place.  I appreciate the sentiment though!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kustenjaeger

I'm planning a pre 1 January order after seeing the effects of Christmas and birthday (positive and negative).

Edward

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mini order in today, just deciding what to put a big order in for in January

kustenjaeger

My pre 1 January order was quite a bit bigger than I expected it to be.

League of Augsburg army packs to add to my samples
Italian War of Independence 1859 Austrians and Piedmont [1870 French standing in for French]
Some more Franco German 1870 including French Guard and Bavarians
A few Peninsula British and French reinforcements
Some more buildings/walls

Edward