September Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 14 September 2023, 02:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingpig0

Quote from: Raider4 on 26 September 2023, 12:00:18 PMHaving watched "Ad Astra" and read about "For All Mankind"* I suddenly desire realistic 70's/80's style armed astronauts/cosmonauts and a moon buggy.

* On Apple TV apparently, so I'll likely never get to see it :(

Not a Norwegian Orangutan then?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Last Hussar

Bit worried by this, but...

I agree with FSN.

Nurse, nurse. Help.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 26 September 2023, 12:00:18 PM...and read about "For All Mankind"* I suddenly desire realistic 70's/80's style armed astronauts/cosmonauts and a moon buggy.

For All Mankind is really good, I heard about it earlier this year and binged the first 3 seasons.  We have been approached by someone wanting to create a game based on a similar concept so it might be something we can do in 2024.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

QuoteFor All Mankind is really good, I heard about it earlier this year and binged the first 3 seasons.  We have been approached by someone wanting to create a game based on a similar concept so it might be something we can do in 2024.
Ooh, interesting!

paulr

QuoteFor All Mankind is really good, I heard about it earlier this year and binged the first 3 seasons.  We have been approached by someone wanting to create a game based on a similar concept so it might be something we can do in 2024.
:-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 27 September 2023, 08:23:13 AMOoh, interesting!

Quote from: paulr on 28 September 2023, 01:24:47 AM:-\

They've got the game rules and 3D designs for the miniatures, so they're just looking for someone to take it on and publish/market it.  I need to clear some of our other projects off the desk first and then we can have a proper chat with them about it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

QuoteThey've got the game rules and 3D designs for the miniatures, so they're just looking for someone to take it on and publish/market it.  I need to clear some of our other projects off the desk first and then we can have a proper chat with them about it.
Various quotes - or even memes as the youth of today seem to prefer - come to mind here:

"I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter". Followed by:

"Make it so". And then:

"Get on with it!". And finally:

"Shut up and take my money".

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 29 September 2023, 09:27:29 PMWhat figures are they after?

For the game?  They've got their own figures that they've designed digitally, so they're looking for someone to take on the rules and metal production of the figures.

Last Hussar

I've been toying with SF but it's a bit limited for what I was considering. If bigger range I could be tempted.

GNU PTerry