Uniform information

Started by Chad, 07 December 2022, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

I am moving on from the WSS and LOA and have several booklets I purchased many years ago that may be of interest to other members. I will post a list in the next few days.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chad

Completed everything I want to do with WSS and moving on to other gaming periods. Is that clearer?

paulr

That is what I thought you meant

I suspect FSN was struggling with the concept of wargaming project finishing ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Have to say, on first read, I wondered if "moving on" was a euphemism for something more .... terminal.

But then I have no concept of a project being finished, only of it requiring more figures/ terrain/ research.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sultanbev

Quote from: Ithoriel on 08 December 2022, 07:23:24 PMBut then I have no concept of a project being finished, only of it requiring more figures/ terrain/ research.

It can happen. I've finished a 28mm 1877 Turkish army, got all the units I wanted, can't add any more as the regular cavalry in fez and guard lancers I wanted aren't available at all.

pierre the shy

QuoteThat is what I thought you meant

I suspect FSN was struggling with the concept of wargaming project finishing ;)

Speaking from experience I am sure that most wargamers struggle with that concept Paul ;D 
"Bomps a daisy....it's enough to make you weep!"

Ithoriel

Then, sultanbev, it's not finished. New figures will be released, conversions will be possible, 3D printing may let you create the figures, or have them created for you. :)

As for me, there's always something else to add to any project. If my Kursk era 10mm Eastern Front project had every person, vehicle and animal on the whole of the Eastern Front during that period at 1:1 scale with every option of weather and terrain reflected in the bases it wouldn't be complete, it would just be ready to be expanded in the earlier and later periods :)

My megalomania knows no bounds :D

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

My workflow for wargaming projects is:

• get interested in project
  • research project
  • Plan purchase
  • purchase
  • Paint
  • Play
  • Lose interest
  • store
  • rekindle interest
  • go to 1 (adding "more" where appropriate)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chad

My workflow is identical. I started my interest in the WSS before Pendraken existed and now, in conjunction, with my gaming colleague, have approx. 1,200 painted 10mm. I will not be expanding this period and so am offering some of the uniform resources to anyone interested.

I have finished SYW and am completing my 1859 and 1866 armies Since I completed the WSS.

My focus now is the French Revolution, but this I have had to do in 15mm as the 10mm range is old and not wide enough to cover the period adequately. I am working on a set of rules for the period 1792-95.

I will list the WSS resources over the weekend.

Chad

11 December 2022, 01:43:42 PM #10 Last Edit: 11 December 2022, 02:40:32 PM by Chad Reason: Adjusting available booklets
These are the booklets I am looking to dispose of.

The Dutch Admy of William III - Sapherson - 72 pages
The Armies of the Palatinate and Cologne - Kuhn - Editons Brokaw - 32 pages
Danes,Bavarians and Prussians - Condray - Editions Brokaw - 18 pages SOLD
The Army of Brandenburg Prussia 1685-1715- Moore - 16 pages RESERVED
The Danish Army 1699-1715 - Sapherson - 42  pages SOLD
The Hanoverian Armies during the War of the Spanish Succession - Kuhn - Editions Brokaw - 19 pages
The British Army of WilliamIII - Sapherson - 64 pages
The Spanish Army of Philip V - Hinde - 25 pages
The French Cavalry 1688-1715 - Sapherson - 28 pages
Colours of the French Infantry under Louis XIV 1638-1715 (Book 1) - Pierre Foure - 32 pages SOLD
Infantry Colours under Louis XIV (Book 2) - 24 pages SOLD
The Saxon Polish Army during the Great Northern War - Dan Schorr - Editions Brokaw - 16 pages
Swedish Colours and Standards of the Great Northern War - Dan Schorr - 45 pages
Swedish and Russian Armies of the Great Northern War - Pat Condray - Editions Brokaw - 21 pages
The Imperial Austrian Infantry Regiments 1700-1714 - Kuhn & Hall - 46 Pages RESERVED
The Imperial Infantry 1691-171 - Sapherson 30 pages RESERVED
The Imperial Cavalry 1691-1714 - Sapherson - 27 pages RESERVED
A Wargamers Introduction to the Age of Marlborough - Pat Condray - Editions Brokaw - 41 pages SOLD

PM me if interested.