By Fire and Sword 15mm Renaissance Transylvanians commission

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 08 April 2023, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

For Manny, who will base them and add their flags later.
Transylvanians (those ones, not those ones, get your mind out the gutter).
15mm Renaissaince (By The Fire And Sword) miniatures, this is the starter 'skirmish' set. There are another 19 blisters and command box to do.

Haiduks

Top down

Shooty horsey types

Lots of fur

Clip clop

Dismounted version

Skirmish screen

PULLL!

Variety of poses

Light household troops

Main difference is a few have bows

Scouty types I guess

Off we go!

Heavy household troops - lancers

These were really fun to paint.

They could hurt!

Uniformed - almost

Don't sit in that!

Leader

Can you guess where the banner goes?

Tried to tie them into the heavy cavlary theme

There's a lot more to add
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Batch 2: As ever, Manny will add the flags and his own basing at his leisure.
12 bases of househole levy lancers (36 figures, not sure how many units that equates to) for the 15mm Transylvanians.

Only realised when I started processing the images that there was always one lance off background!  :'(

They do look pretty cool en masse though!

Top down view

Lances certainly make a point (I'll get me coat). Once they have flags they will look really impressivve I bet!

Player's eye view, the lances comme with a drilled through ball bearing to make the guard, a clever idea, but just don't drop them, they go EVERYWHERE!   ~X(

Not sure how much of a By Fire and Sword force this is, but it's scary!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Nice job! Is "househole" a traditional Transylvanian insult, or a reflection on the hovels they live in?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

30 extra Transylvanian light horse for Manny

Not as bright as others, but these are lower order troops.

Advance

Lots of hairy cavalry

As ever, Manny will base these himself.

That way lads!

Player's eye view

At the trot

The force, so far (there's still have a bag of blisters to do)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Looks lovely.

If you wanted to add a few individual 'character' figures East Front Miniatures (who have taken over the old ERM Eastern European ranges) do a fantastic Transylvanian armoured lancer type with the long straggly flowing hair - very 'Dracula' - really looking the business. They also do mail armoured Voynuks on foot with a halberd - and nobody else seems to do these, or do them 'correctly'.

Helion also have a really nice book, in their Retinue to Regiments series, on the Transylvania armies 1541-1613 - well worth your client looking at.

I think that this is a really nice TYW army, different from the usual Pike & shot armies or the Poles & Ottomans.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ten more bases of Transylvanians for Manny, this time Comitatus or heavy household troops.

Heavy lancers. A lot more colourful than the light horse.

As ever, Manny will do his own basing and add flags later.

Lots of cloaks

Quite a sizable force