More AWI figures- Bringing a 15mm gun to a 10mm fight.

Started by clibinarium, 19 August 2023, 04:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

QuoteIndeed. That 800 figs, is that for one army or two?

Two.  But no late uniforms, french, hessians, indians, naval parties, ....   

yet

fsn

QuoteTwo. 

Right. Skirmish game then.  :P

I have noticed that my pre-1900 armies have been getting bigger. My first was ACW with each sde being 300+ figures. To be fair, they were in quite an open formation and inspired more by The Blessed Featherstone than actual research.

Then the ancients are about 400 figs, to the Dark Age with about 500, then I hit the Napoleonics. The average for these is about 900 figures, with the British being a rather chunky 1714 figures. What can I say? I like a crowded table.

The 2nd Bishops' War are in the same order - about 850 figures. I've promised myself my next project (Romano-British) will be more moderate - planning for a respectable 400 figures  ... wait. 

Dammit. When will I learn? I get to the "end" of a project then put on here that my next project is going to be oh, I dunno, the Third Badland-Worseland War and I dig out obscure texts that tell me that Badland were oragnised in units of 806, and that there was a specific unit of Worseland Lancers who used the lance in their left hand and I get my proxy list together and my purchase plan built then *BOOM* little note from Middle-Borough - "Pendraken are proud to announce a  range that Nobby expressed some interest in a while ago, or maybe never, and aren't they lovely?"   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi Dave

I forgot to mention regarding rules, I do not know if you are a fan of the ACW 'Fire and Fury' rules (I am) but if you do have the rules  you may want to look at the variant for the American War of Independence, 1775-83 which you down load for free ( :) ) here: http://www.fireandfury.com/rffvariants.shtml

There are also some scenarios that you can download, again for free (which maybe useful for which ever rules you use).

Cheers Paul 

T13A Out!

Wonkey Donkeys

Hi Leon
Any thoughts on possible release dates for the Hessian/German AWI additions?  :D

Leon

Quote from: Wonkey Donkeys on 08 January 2024, 12:26:11 PMHi Leon
Any thoughts on possible release dates for the Hessian/German AWI additions?  :D

Not sure at the moment, they'll be going into a master mould in February so it'll depend how quickly I can get them cleaned up and into production moulds.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrahamC

There's a lot of new pieces it will be great if you can get them out March /April you've got one hell of a range now
Sadly no longer with us, RIP - Feb 2024.

Leon

Quote from: GrahamC on 12 January 2024, 09:15:43 PMThere's a lot of new pieces it will be great if you can get them out March /April you've got one hell of a range now

That should be fine, more likely March as April will be all Salute prep!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

meconicuk

The Naval landing party could also double as early AWI militia.

Dazza

Quote from: Leon on 13 January 2024, 12:13:09 AMThat should be fine, more likely March as April will be all Salute prep!

Holding you to that :P

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Wonkey Donkeys

Hi Leon
Any more updates on the possible release dates now the tennis season has started? Would be great if it was in time for pick up at Carronade 😎

Cheers

Leon

Quote from: Wonkey Donkeys on 29 June 2024, 09:23:28 AMAny more updates on the possible release dates now the tennis season has started? Would be great if it was in time for pick up at Carronade 😎

I'm hoping to have those ready for Edinburgh, just need to get these Indo-China figures done and released first.