Pendraken Future Plans - Please Read!

Started by Leon, 01 August 2023, 10:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poggle

QuoteRoyal Mail is a sh*t show. They must have the worst service in the world.I suppose you have looked at other carriers?

I sympathise, Leon.

It's as bad over here in the US. I once sent out two parcels within a fortnight of each other, using the USPS standard boxes. The USPS succeeded in smashing the contents in spite of the heavy packaging. I complained, and a month later they replied saying they'd investigated themselves and found they were totally blameless.  ~X( 

Leon

Quote from: Poggle on 19 October 2023, 05:14:15 PM...saying they'd investigated themselves and found they were totally blameless.  ~X(

Funny how that works isn't it! 

We had one package to Australia, around £110 value and we'd paid Royal Mail £24-ish for a Tracked service.  They lost the package completely, the tracking didn't work, and then decided that our claim was worth £8.  So not even the cost of the postage that we'd paid them to lose it!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

I am prepared to accept many brickbats, but Amazon are offering to deliver non-Amazon products.

Don't know how I'd feel about picking up my Pendraken goodliness from an Amazon locker. :-\   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Raider4

QuoteDon't know how I'd feel about picking up my Pendraken goodliness from an Amazon locker. :-\   
Useful way of squeezing things past any household authorities.

sultanbev

Speaking to my RM local postie a few months ago, they are tracked now so their footsteps are recorded, too much lingering talking can get them into trouble! He said he'd give it 12 months before the whole thing collapsed under the weight of the management ineptitude.

Mark

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 19 October 2023, 07:27:03 PMSpeaking to my RM local postie a few months ago, they are tracked now so their footsteps are recorded, too much lingering talking can get them into trouble! He said he'd give it 12 months before the whole thing collapsed under the weight of the management ineptitude.

That sounds about right, our collection driver has told us that they've got GPS on all of the vans too and if he stops anywhere en route his boss would call him to find out why he's not moving.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DecemDave

QuoteUseful way of squeezing things past any household authorities.
;D  ;D

Leon

Another quick update on this thread, the surveyor chap has finished what he calls 'Stage 1' of his process and has managed to get £1600 knocked off our 2023-24 rates bill, which is great news.  He's now moved on to the backdated 2021-22 and 2022-23 bills to see what he can do there. 

Enigmatic Gamer

Great news indeed! Hope he can do the same for you on the other years 👍

fsn

Result!

As long as he doesn't charge you £1700 for his services.  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

A positive note: my last four orders from Pendraken have arrived, median time, in under eight days after shipment notice. That includes what ever RM does, trans pond journey, US customs, USPS (and their bizarre routing schemes), and the final 27 hour donkey journey to our wilderness outpost.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

paulr

Rates bill :-bd

Prompt deliveries to the wilderness :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: d_Guy on 06 November 2023, 07:37:11 PMA positive note: my last four orders from Pendraken have arrived, median time, in under eight days after shipment notice. That includes what ever RM does, trans pond journey, US customs, USPS (and their bizarre routing schemes), and the final 27 hour donkey journey to our wilderness outpost.

Good to know Pendraken's prompt delivery works even across The Pond.

I am reminded of a conversation with a fellow countryman of yours who, when I asked where in the US he came form, replied that he came from a place so small and so remote that it was saved from being a one-horse town only by the fact it was too poor to actually afford a horse!

Also, I have Duelling Banjos as an earworm now!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Have to our RM post is far superior to Envi(Hermes) - parcels left in a different road at a non-existant address. Ho Hum
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Evri ... because every parcel is lost, stolen or damaged? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data