Which FV432?

Started by Mako, 06 November 2023, 12:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

So, with the wealth of new FV432s produced, which model Mk. 1/1 or 2/1 do I need, or should I purchase?

Did the Mk.1s serve for the entire Cold War, or were they retired/replaced by the Mk. 2s at some point?

Which were produced on larger numbers?

Ideally, I'd like ones that can serve from the 1960s to the end of the Cold War, but not sure if that is realistic. Were many of the originals replaced by the newer variant once it became available in numbers, and if so, when?

Looking for FV432s for the BAOR.

Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Leon

I've not been able to find any concrete dates for production of the Mk 1 vs Mk 2/1 but I did see a reference to 1966 as an approximate start of the Mk 2 production run.  There were about 3000 produced in total (across all variants) and they both seem to be in service at the same time. 

The vehicles were largely the same anyway, the only visual difference was a different engine resulting in the exhaust coming out of the rear quarter of the vehicle, and the NBC stowage changing to a flush compartment box.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

They dont mix in the same unit. There are oddities, all the Rarden turrest were on Mk 1's for instance. They can serve alongside each other though.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021