Temple of the Cyclopes

Started by sunjester, 26 May 2023, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

I realise I have been somewhat lax writing up some of my Sellswords games of late. I have been running a campaign for three of my regular gaming buddies, so I remembered to take some pictures of the latest game. More on the blog http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2023/05/temple-of-cyclopes-sellswords-and.html

fsn

Aw! I was hoping for ...

Fun game.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Thanks very much for posting your game report Sunjester.....your setting and figures look fantastic  :-bd

As I have said previously I always love reading your S & S stuff. Having played RPG's for many years myself I can easily relate to it. Nice piece of DM'ing by limiting the effects of fire on the opposition!

I'd love to do something like this myself but these days what time I do have is taken up by historical stuff rather than RPG's.....my good friend Rob, who I did most of my RPG'ing with, unfortunately passed on some years ago now and the others are scattered around various parts of the world.     

Anyway thanks for sharing your S&S journey, keep up the good work and best of British with your new scenario book.   

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

sunjester

Thank you gentlemen, for the kind words.

Pierre the Shy - the beauty of Sellswords and Spellslingers is that it is very playable as a solo game. Quick to set up and a game with a simple scenario usually plays through in about an hour. It allows me to play the sort of games I  played with AD&D in my youth, but without the complicated tables. It really is a tabletop wargame for role-players!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

pierre the shy

Thanks for your thoughts, Sunjester. I've been getting my RPG kick from Skyrim special anniversary edition (or whatever it's called) from Steam which was on sale for a pittance recently. It's an oldie but a goodie.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Ithoriel

QuoteThanks for your thoughts, Sunjester. I've been getting my RPG kick from Skyrim special anniversary edition (or whatever it's called) from Steam which was on sale for a pittance recently. It's an oldie but a goodie.
Ah! I need to lure you in to Elder Scrolls Online! :) Though I suspect you'd be on the NA server not the EU one if I did :(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

He forces us to play these games so he can play test the scenarios for his next campaign book for Sellswords. :o

Do you think this counts as "modern slavery"? :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Orcs on 01 June 2023, 03:55:48 PMHe forces us to play these games so he can play test the scenarios for his next campaign book for Sellswords. :o

Do you think this counts as "modern slavery"? :)

Defo - European Court of Human Rights looms
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021