Great Northern War; first 10mm wargaming project

Started by collegialhoagie, 16 April 2022, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd

One minor observation, to me the command stand above has a more 'finished' look due to the edges of the base being painted to match the basing.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jambo1

A very nice unit of horse indeed, really good job on them. :)

collegialhoagie

Quote from: paulr on 23 April 2022, 08:50:50 PM:-bd  =D>  :-bd

One minor observation, to me the command stand above has a more 'finished' look due to the edges of the base being painted to match the basing.
That's a fair point! I kind of like the look/contrast of the darkened mdf wood sides, but then I need to be tidier in the future when painting the top side around the edges with a light dirt colour to blend in with the basing.... I'll probably go back and paint them dark brown.  :-\

collegialhoagie

Finished up my first swedish infantry regiment, quite happy with how they turned out. I'm having a great time with this project so far!
I am wondering though if this thread should have been started in the painting diary section.....

Södermanlands regemente
An indelt regiment for the province of Södemanland, participating in most of the great battles of the war, from Fraustadt 1706 and lost at Poltava 1708. Re-raised to participate at Helsingborg 1710 and Gadebusch 1712.
From the perspective of representing the regiment, interesting for never turning in the old Karpus felt hats for tricornes during the whole GNW period, and one of the few regiments we know for sure were issued distinct grenadier caps.

paulr

DecemDave

Raider4

mmcv

Love the Grenadiers on the flanks of the line, was exactly how I was thinking of doing it when I flirted with the idea of doing GNW at one point, though not to such a high standard of painting!

As to forum section, the lines between painting diaries and photo showcase are pretty blurry so I wouldn't worry too much!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

jambo1

Very nice work, the uniform is cracking, your project is taking shape really well. :)

collegialhoagie

Quote from: mmcv on 27 April 2022, 12:05:55 PMLove the Grenadiers on the flanks of the line, was exactly how I was thinking of doing it when I flirted with the idea of doing GNW at one point, though not to such a high standard of painting!

Thank you! It's never too late to get this project going! ;)

collegialhoagie

First artillery unit finished and based (although yet to paint the limber); a Swedish 3-pounder regimental gun.

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>

I tend to put a small black dot in cannon muzzles