Raider4

Quoteit did stop the bleeding though.
Aye, cauterisation will do that  ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Quote from: Ithoriel on 14 February 2022, 09:04:25 AMsuper glue after all was 'designed' for gluing skin

Actually it was designed for gun sights and jet cockpits. Medical superglue is not the same as DIY superglue. The latter contains a chemical that creates heat to set the glue and isn't ideal for use on wounds as it may cause burns. Alas, as I've already demonstrated, it's pretty good at bonding me to things. :)

The other 'issue' with non-medical superglue is that it contains a hydrogen cyanide variant compound. I have become very allergic to it (due to my time as a silversmith - where it is used in the gold & silver plating process) but it is - of course - extremely toxic.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

paulr

Quote from: Ithoriel on 14 February 2022, 09:04:25 AMsuper glue after all was 'designed' for gluing skin

Actually it was designed for gun sights and jet cockpits. Medical superglue is not the same as DIY superglue. The latter contains a chemical that creates heat to set the glue and isn't ideal for use on wounds as it may cause burns. Alas, as I've already demonstrated, it's pretty good at bonding me to things. :)

Thanks for the additional info, that's one urban myth I won't continue to fall for :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!