What's got two thumbs...

Started by Last Hussar, 22 January 2022, 11:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

And has just realised when basing figures 3 hours ago he used white acrylic paint, not PVA glue?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

I've been supergluing a Khurasan multipart bot model together today and managed to glue the side of my hand to the painting table and, having released the hand, glued my index finger to my thumb.

You'd think I might have learned ....
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

I have never done anything like that!  :^o
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Tried to use a drill as a knife on several occasions !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Quote from: Orcs on 22 January 2022, 11:14:00 PMI have never done anything like that!  :^o

I DONT BELIVE YOU !!!!!  :d  :d  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Shapur II

and managed to superglue a 50 x 30 base to my thigh.   Would have been jeans but covid...
Active Projects

10mm 1809 Austrians, 1809 French,1809 Bavarians, Normans, Arabs

Rules
HFG, Marshal's Baton, Hail Caesar, Black Powder

Orcs

Quote from: Stewart.gibson on 13 February 2022, 10:34:29 PMand managed to superglue a 50 x 30 base to my thigh.   Would have been jeans but covid...

THen you used a craft knife to try and prise it loose?

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shapur II

Quote from: Orcs on 13 February 2022, 10:38:00 PMTHen you used a craft knife to try and prise it loose?

Is there another solution?
Active Projects

Rules

paulr

If that is a serious question, there is a super glue release agent

Your local hospital will have plenty, super glue after all was 'designed' for gluing skin
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shapur II

Quote from: paulr on 14 February 2022, 02:49:14 AMIf that is a serious question, there is a super glue release agent

Nah,  not a serious question.  It was not near any major arteries and there was very little blood loss... A bit of hair was sacrificed... I managed to get it loose before it bonded permanently but did loose a layer of skin in the process.

Active Projects

Rules

Ithoriel

super glue after all was 'designed' for gluing skin

Actually it was designed for gun sights and jet cockpits. Medical superglue is not the same as DIY superglue. The latter contains a chemical that creates heat to set the glue and isn't ideal for use on wounds as it may cause burns. Alas, as I've already demonstrated, it's pretty good at bonding me to things. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Rhys

I'll admit that I've used normal superglue to seal up the sausage casing when it gets perforated on a regular basis and have never noticed a chemical type burn (and chemistry is my day job so I have a bit of knowledge on what they look like). Having said that I do tend to wash up after the glue sets .
Attack Attack Attack until;
A: They're all dead.
B: We're all dead
Delete where applicable.

Orcs

I quite often ue superglue to stop a scalpel nick from bleeding white I am modeling or painting.

I did have one unfortunate occurrence that I have mentioned on here before.

I know that Bicarbonate of soda helps as an accelerant to make superglue dry quicker.

I had a small nick that was bleeding profusely, to much to allow the superglue to work. 

So I thought "I need this to dry quicker". dusted my finger in bicarb and added the superglue..........

I had forgotten the thermal reaction. Lots of "F'ing and blinding as I ran to the sink. Fortunately It was a very superficial burn. it did stop the bleeding though.