Increase to Pricing on Custom Orders!

Started by Leon, 15 August 2021, 06:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHautpol

It seems a relatively small price to pay for the flexibility we get from being able to pick-and-choose whatever extra figures we need.  I make great use of this facility so that my units get to look just how I want them to look.

It's also invaluable to be able to pick up a few extra figures to round off units; with the units I'm painting at present, the standard packs include command figures, three packs will give me enough rank-and-file for four units so it's great to be able to purchase the additional command figures needed for the fourth unit.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chad

As someone who has benefitted from the customised pack facility several times in the past I have absolutely no issue with having to pay more for the continuation of that arrangement. I am sure my requests have on occasion been more trouble to Pendraken than they are really worth and if a price adjustment benefits the company then all,power to their elbow. 👍😊

Techno II

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 16 August 2021, 02:19:25 PM
Techno - I alus rise to a challenge. Although I suspect Phil is outside lots dealing wit 'orses and Sheeeps to say nowt about exercising the dogies.....

Not got any sheep now, Ian......Thank goodness ! (Amoeba brained gits !)
Exercise the dogs ?

Nah.....Just open the back door, and call them back after half an hour.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

When my orders hit 70quid plus, 5p isn't a big worry!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Spartan

IMHO, those prices are very reasonable. Some companies i am aware off charge x 2 for a particular figure in a set.

Orcs

Quote from: Spartan on 16 August 2021, 06:53:26 PM
IMHO, those prices are very reasonable. Some companies i am aware off charge x 2 for a particular figure in a set.

And many won't do it at all.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

Having just put in a small order with another 10mm producer (I know, sacrilege!) I am again impressed with the quality and price of the Pendraken range.

The figures from the other manufacturer are 20% more than Pendraken, and the quality is much lower. Whilst I'm not that keen to see a price rise on Pendraken figures, I am really really not keen to see Pendraken squeezed by rising costs. From a quick bit of checking just now, I do think Pendraken is at the cheaper end of the main 10mm metal producers.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

I'm keeping an eye on it and we'll see how we go for the next few months.  We get a fixed rate on our metal price for 3 month periods so we're OK until the end of October on the current contract.  We'll see how much it's jumped by for the November delivery and see if we need to make any changes at that point.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

QuoteI'm keeping an eye on it and we'll see how we go for the next few months.  We get a fixed rate on our metal price for 3 month periods so we're OK until the end of October on the current contract.  We'll see how much it's jumped by for the November delivery and see if we need to make any changes at that point.
Leon, We know you are the most reasonable of suppliers, and will make the right judgement when the time comes.  We are lucky to have you!  Oh, and by the way, have you made any progress on..............!🤣😂😂😂
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 22 August 2022, 07:15:05 PMLeon, We know you are the most reasonable of suppliers, and will make the right judgement when the time comes.  We are lucky to have you!  Oh, and by the way, have you made any progress on..............!🤣😂😂😂

:D

Just looking at the discussion above, the metal prices continued to rise through until about April-ish and then they levelled out a bit. The last batch was a touch lower than previously so hopefully things continue in that direction.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Charge what you need to make a fair living and pay a fair wage to your workers.  I suspect that most of the Forum receive a fair wage for what they do.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

whubble

As long as you're making a fair return on your investment ... and continue to make an amazing product, not an issue for me. Take care. ;)

Heedless Horseman

Pendraken has always been excellent over 'requests'.
Sadly! The 'mountain' is HUGE... but others will still climb!
Many Thanks.  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

FierceKitty

Quote from: Orcs on 23 August 2022, 11:41:26 PMCharge what you need to make a fair living and pay a fair wage to your workers.  I suspect that most of the Forum receive a fair wage for what they do.

You can't be in the education business!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!