The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We're managing to keep on track so far, with the timber work right on schedule and the new metalwork actually done a day early, so we'll be able to put those guys to work on something else tomorrow. 

TablesandRacks by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The painting team have worked their way through the moulding room, the workshop toilets and the staff room as well, so we'll get them going on the workshop walls on Thursday.  Everything had been done in a really weird shade of yellow previously, almost a pale mustard, so it's nice to have them in clean white (and a lot brighter as well!)  We've had to wait for the welding/cutting to finish before we can paint the workshop, and then once those walls are done we can paint the floors before starting to put the tables and machines into position.

Toilets by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

StaffRoom by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The electrician was in today to check all of the old wiring and remove anything we don't need, as well as bring in the new wires for the laser machine room.  Tomorrow he'll be finishing that off as well as the lights.

ElectricsIn by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We've channeled in new cabling to power the casting machines in the centre of the workshop so once everyone had left for the day I got that concreted over to give it time to dry overnight.

ConcreteChannel by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

KeithS

Seems to be going well and amazingly quickly, wish my projects would go as fast and efficiently.  I guess that the security fence is necessary everywhere nowadays, but it does prompt visions of Tom Cruise breaking in on a mission to steal the latest 10mm sculpts for a shadowy millionaire wargamer. :D
I'll bring up the rest of the brigade.

Big Insect

You need the fence up before you start any of the building work - as otherwise the 'buggers' will nip in and nick all your power tool faster than you can say 'bingo'!

I was once on the Board of a large print business and was called in by our COO (along with the rest of the board) to watch some CCTV security camera footage of 4 'lads' who'd scaled the 12 foot security fence the night before, broken into the tool locker, dismantled a new forklift truck and then man-handled it up and over the fence in bits. Getting the battery up and over was an unbelievable feat of strength and ingenuity.
We had the forklift back and they were all in police custody within 48hrs and in prison within 6 months ... sad ... but a new forklift would have fetched £30k on the black market back then.
Two of the four worked for us and were readily identifiable on the CCTV. Just daft.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Mark  no-one went broke by under estimating the stupidity of the great British public....particularly the criminal classes
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

In the 2nd picture down ... what is the tube on the right hand side? Is it coming in or going out?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 01 April 2021, 04:10:01 PM
In the 2nd picture down ... what is the tube on the right hand side? Is it coming in or going out?

Looks like kitchen roll popped onto a coat hook to me
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's both a relief and slightly disappointing.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Leon

Quote from: KeithS on 01 April 2021, 12:17:58 PM
I guess that the security fence is necessary everywhere nowadays, but it does prompt visions of Tom Cruise breaking in on a mission to steal the latest 10mm sculpts for a shadowy millionaire wargamer. :D

Quote from: Big Insect on 01 April 2021, 01:56:49 PM
You need the fence up before you start any of the building work - as otherwise the 'buggers' will nip in and nick all your power tool faster than you can say 'bingo'!

Yeah, the fencing is essential for any business premises really, even as just a visual deterrant than an actual barrier.  There's already a chainlink fence up but it looks like the original one from the 1970's and has definitely seen better days.  We've got a new 8ft palisade fence coming at the start of Week 3 which will improve the outside look of the place a lot.

Quote from: fsn on 01 April 2021, 04:10:01 PM

Quote from: Ithoriel on 01 April 2021, 04:56:34 PM
Looks like kitchen roll popped onto a coat hook to me

It's exactly that, good eye Ithoriel!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

As we approach the end of the first week we're still just about on schedule with the various rooms, even with the distractions that inevitably come with a large project like this!

The highlight of the day was our new office stairs arriving this morning, which we got setup and into place this afternoon.  We have to thoroughly recommend a company called Stairbox here, who made these to our dimensions and self-delivered them all the way to us in Middlesbrough, for less than £400.  So if you ever need a new staircase, give them a look: https://www.stairbox.com/

NewStairs by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The packaging room is coming on nicely and most of the shelving units are in there now.  

PackagingShelves by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And the painting team have finished off all of the tables and mould racks (the tables are on their ends before anyone asks!)  We'll have to repaint some of the current racking when it comes over from the old unit, but we can do that next week sometime.

PaintedTables by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We've started the 2nd floor stud wall and also put the first few sheets of plasterboard on the ground floor.

Plasterboard by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

In the new moulding room we've upgraded the strip lights to some nice LED units instead:

MouldingRoom by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

An awkward job today was removing an old roof-level heater unit, which was sited around 15ft in the air and right in the space that we're building the office.  The two guys who came to take it down were a bit like Waldorf and Statler and spent the 2 hours endlessly joking and insulting each other, but they got it down in the end.  It was a pretty nervous job though as the unit weighs about as much as a person so when the full weight of it dropped, the guy on the other end of the rope suddenly became slightly airborne for a second!  All done now and I just need to get the old flue hole repaired in the roof.

OldHeater by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Tomorrow we'll get the rest of the plasterboard on, and paint the workshop walls as well.

Matt J

Work looks to be going great  :-bd

The only thing is I think you might need at least 2 x 4 stud work to support that mezzanine.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

I didn't realise there was so much in it! It's more like a rebuild than a move in.

Very impressive.

Now, about my order ...   :P

Techno II

Quote from: fsn on 02 April 2021, 07:00:47 AM
I didn't realise there was so much in it! It's more like a rebuild than a move in.

Me, neither..... :o

Like you say, Nobby..very impressive !

Cheers - Phil. :)

Good to see you are still on track - sumat will go wrong (I wuz born pesimistict)  :( :'( :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

I continue to be impressed by the rate of work.

Imagine a world where the Pendraken wrecking fit-out crew were in charge of traffic flow on the Suez Canal.