Congo Campaign at Tring Wargames Club

Started by sunjester, 13 January 2020, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Members have just started working their way through the Mungo Mah Lobeh campaign book for Studio Tomahawk's Congo rules.

The background is here https://tringwargames.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-mungo-mah-lobeh-congo-campaign_12.html

And the first game is here https://tringwargames.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-mungo-mah-lobeh-congo-campaign.html

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

steve_holmes_11

A few years back my pal Hugh introduced me to Congo.
I started the day filled with trepidation since: I had little to no interest in Darkest Africa, and I really had not likes Saga form the same publisher.

Suffice it to say we finished the day having really enjoyed a very close skirmish battle.
The activation system really impressed me, always posing a challenge, yet capable of delivering quite fluid fire and movement if used well.
All the different chits caused a bit of confusion on first play, I think we erred in sweeping the wrong ones up at the end of a turn.

I was really impressed by a set of rules that allowed the tribal warriors to use cover and guile to come to grips with firearm troops.
It is also one of the few sets of rules I've played that feel right when a unit is withdrawing under fire.
It is both possible, and often advisable.

Nice write-up, I hope you enjoy the campaign.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

steve_holmes_11

You Tringsters don't hang about...

Excellent reports.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

sunjester

mmcv

Somehow I missed the previous reports until now! Great looking games, love the figures, full of character, and the terrain is really seeing the tone well. Looks like a lot of fun.

Duke Speedy of Leighton