Inconsistency in Forgotten War Army Lists

Started by mhl67, 13 August 2024, 01:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhl67

I might be missing something, but the Army Lists in Forgotten War appear to be inconsistent with the Battlegroup Selection section at the end of each Army List.

It's my understanding that the Army List limits are given per 1000 points and in parentheses per Battlegroup.

Here is where I'm seeing an inconsistency. To use the NKPA list for an example:

Battlegroup Selection gives 1 Recce per 1000 points. But in the Recce section of the Army List, Infantry Scouts has a limit of 3 per 1000 points.

1 Mortar support unit. The Army list has a limit of 3 for both types.

There's ambiguity in what counts as an ATG; is it referring to any unit labeled as AT or is it a unit specifically called an Anti Tank Gun?

Trucks and 4x4 have the correct number on the Army list compared to the Battlegroup Selection, but they're not given in parentheses.

There's inconsistencies like this in virtually all of the Army lists. Another example: the CPVA has a Battlegroup Selection of 6 mortar support units per 1000. But the Army List anyway would only allow for a maximum of 4 mortars per 1000 points. I think RR is supposed to be Recoilless Rifles but I was only able to puzzle that out by looking at what would possibly fit from the Army List.

Any clarification would be helpful here.

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Having had a look at this, it appears to be an error.
The number per ,000pts is specified in the Notes, but the larger numbers in the lists are the overall maximum per force.
So for example - Scouts might be 1 per ,000pts spent but to a maximum of 3 in any given force (assuming it was at least 3,000pts in size).
We can look at that as an errata in the next reprint.
Many thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.