Argh I HATE that manufacturers bases...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 15 June 2019, 10:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That manufacturer from the East of England, I'm putting together 100 of his infantry for a commission, I've had to trim and bend, stick, rebend, restick every figure, at least twice.

Just... grrr!! 
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And 5/8 of each pack reglued yesterday too!  :'(

Leman

When people talk about the east of England, I tend to think of Lincolnshire and East Anglia. Never had any dealings with figure manufacturers from that neck of the woods.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman

I appreciate that you don't want to identify this manufacturer but I am getting nothing from the clue referring to the east of England. If you mean Yorkshire then that's the North. If you mean Nottinghamshire then that's the East Midlands. I suppose it's a bit like my reference to bloody southerners, actually it just means the Home Counties, not places like Wiltshire or Dorset.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leman on 18 June 2019, 09:26:36 AM
I appreciate that you don't want to identify this manufacturer but I am getting nothing from the clue referring to the east of England. If you mean Yorkshire then that's the North. If you mean Nottinghamshire then that's the East Midlands. I suppose it's a bit like my reference to bloody southerners, actually it just means the Home Counties, not places like Wiltshire or Dorset.

You need to come a lot further south and think where Messers Gooch and Cook used to ply their county trade  :-$ ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 18 June 2019, 09:37:16 AM
You need to come a lot further south and think where Messers Gooch and Cook used to ply their county trade  :-$ ;)

And the girls, the girls!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

mmcv

Raider4

Only the eastern ones.

The southern, western and middle saxons settled elsewhere.

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 18 June 2019, 09:26:36 AM

Oh, Andy.....Even I can get this one.....Even tho' I've never made any figures for them.

Write a PM to me...addressed to.....

Techno....Behind the pipes...Third washroom along....Somewhere in.....Oh, never mind. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Zippee

I find the best solution to the East Saxon problem is to use blu-tac on the bases and then glue the figures (and what base they have) into the blu-tac'd base.

Either a blob for each or a sausage of the blue stuff across the width of the base - which can then be pushed around and textured a bit to boot.

Leman

It's ok, enough clues now. Didn't even need a Joey, as the Aussies might say. I suppose it saves on metal but they can be a pain to get to stand upright initially. And yes, I would refer to that as the south. My mum came from there and we often used to take the mick out of her herm sandwiches.