Tale of X Gamers - 100YW English

Started by Nosher, 13 October 2010, 10:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Not good times mate - but good men always come through it. I even had a call from some old colleagues following a speculative drop in... didn't think i might find myself back at the Funeral Service before I hit 60 :o

Boobies in any form whatsoever will be cool - Star Wars or No!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

29 October 2010, 10:54:47 AM #16 Last Edit: 29 October 2010, 10:58:08 AM by nikharwood
Quote from: GordonY on 28 October 2010, 07:59:11 AM
Just for Nik, some piccies of the Ambush Alley game here :

http://www.kirriemuirwargames.co.uk/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=182#p6

Gordon

Top-notch Gordon, top-notch - makes me want to reach for my 28mm moderns  :)

Quote from: Nosher on 29 October 2010, 09:47:05 AM
Not good times mate - but good men always come through it. I even had a call from some old colleagues following a speculative drop in... didn't think i might find myself back at the Funeral Service before I hit 60 :o

Boobies in any form whatsoever will be cool - Star Wars or No!

I'm busy topping up my professional social capital relentlessly at the moment - and trying to second-guess the openings. Spent an enjoyable morning with our CEO yesterday which didn't do any harm either...we'll see: it might be that this is the situation which forces me to kick in one of the several plans I've had for the last couple of years...

I'm not working today so I'll have a think about a theme...and might get a chance to make an early start!  <:-P m/ m/ :ar! :ar! :d

Nosher

3x Command stands and 1 artillery stand done photos later today ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Frank Carson

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 31 October 2010, 01:15:51 PM
http://nosherswargames.blogspot.com/

A wee surprise for Nik in there too ;) Remember these?

Looking good nosher - you've done a grand job on those 28mm FJ too - v coolio  8)

Nosher

Now finished these armies (less reinforcements to make up a Wars of the Roses contingent) Check out batreps under erm :-\ batreps!

This project now going on hold as I move onto Vikings, Normans and Saxons - I am going to be brave and set myself a February deadline to have these on the table and clashing with one another!

Frank Carson

Nosher

My deadline for the Saxons/Vikings and Normans has taken a bit of a dent what with the op etc, however the last few days I've been able to put some serious painting time in and have completed 16 stands of Welsh Longbow, 16 stands of Retinue Longbow and have 12 stands of bill/maa lined up for tommorow - all towards completion of my WoR Yorkists and Lancastrians.

If I can churn out eight stands of currours, 4 stands of knights and 2 of royal guard by the weekend I could get in an 800points a side bash at the weekend :D

Frank Carson

Nosher

Sat up all night watching day one of the third test and managed to complete the 12 stands of MAA/Billmen and 8 currours. Now going to spend the remainder of the day glued to the box watching the Indians take apart the South Africans.

Dont you just love sick leave! :D

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 16 December 2010, 11:13:16 AM
Sat up all night watching day one of the third test...

I caught a bit of it last night, could be all over in a couple of days!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 16 December 2010, 12:33:13 PM
I caught a bit of it last night, could be all over in a couple of days!

It's bloody wonderful to see the Aussies in such turmoil - they look truly clueless, a bit like us a few years ago...

I only hope England are as brutal as they were and well and truly kick them while they are down and aim for a 4-0 series win. None of this unbeaten on tour rubbish!

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 16 December 2010, 01:09:01 PM
It's bloody wonderful to see the Aussies in such turmoil - they look truly clueless, a bit like us a few years ago...

I only hope England are as brutal as they were and well and truly kick them while they are down and aim for a 4-0 series win. None of this unbeaten on tour rubbish!

8)