A New 10mm Project - French North Africa

Started by sunjester, 16 September 2018, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

After Orcs has been nudging me to start a new project for a while, I've dragged him into the delights of the French Foreign Legion.

http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2018/09/french-north-africa-new-project.html

Orcs

16 September 2018, 06:37:12 PM #1 Last Edit: 16 September 2018, 06:40:24 PM by Orcs
Yep, he dragged me kicking and screaming "I don't want another project, I don't need to do it"

Then when I got to his house for a game last Friday he had ordered two Armies for us to split. !!!!!

Then on Saturday a parcel was obviously delivered by the Postman by mistake and it by coincidence contained a North African fort and Bedouin tents.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shedman

Good men - keep the Tricolour flying!

Be careful with that fort mind - it's a solid lump of resin - you could really hurt someone with it

Dreamolme is extending the range with some 10mm Algerian buildings

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tuaregs looking good (maybe a black wash to accentuate the folds of the Tagelmust?).
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: mad lemmey on 16 September 2018, 07:06:31 PM
Tuaregs looking good (maybe a black wash to accentuate the folds of the Tagelmust?).

Seconded

:-bd =D> :-bd

Perhaps a finer grain sand, unless they are in a rocky desert :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Shedman on 16 September 2018, 06:52:46 PM
Good men - keep the Tricolour flying!

Be careful with that fort mind - it's a solid lump of resin - you could really hurt someone with it

Dreamolme is extending the range with some 10mm Algerian buildings

Its a very nice piece of kit, as are the tents
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: sunjester on 16 September 2018, 06:02:14 PM
After Orcs has been nudging me to start a new project for a while, I've dragged him into the delights of the French Foreign Legion.

http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2018/09/french-north-africa-new-project.html

Hello sunjester

How do the Lancaster 10s match up in size with Pendraken? You could probably pad out the Berbers/Tuaregs with Pendraken Afghans or Mahdists if the size is ok.

I've found this good for fast cheap houses:-

https://www.wargamevault.com/product/20392/Desert-Village?src=hottest_filtered&it=1

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

sultanbev

Ah, those Little Wars range only need to add spear armed Tueregs and that is most of the Arabs for Napoleonic era covered.

Mark

sultanbev

With those card building sets from the Wargames Vault, how easy is it to scale them down to 10mm? What thickness of card/paper do you use?

Mark

sunjester

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 17 September 2018, 12:54:32 AM
Hello sunjester

How do the Lancaster 10s match up in size with Pendraken? You could probably pad out the Berbers/Tuaregs with Pendraken Afghans or Mahdists if the size is ok.

They are slightly taller than the Pendraken figures I had laying around, which were from the Marlburian range. Not so much that they would look too out of place. The horses look bigger, but I haven't got any Pendraken cavalry to hand to compare.

Thanks for the heads up on those buildings.

Shedman

Leon

We've still got a couple of the Total Battle North Africa sets here if you're interested, marked down by about 30% I think?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Quote from: Leon on 17 September 2018, 11:14:15 AM
We've still got a couple of the Total Battle North Africa sets here if you're interested, marked down by about 30% I think?

No idea what they are Leon, any clues....

Mark