mordheim figures and their price?

Started by petercooman, 20 September 2017, 01:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Hey guys, looking for some guidance.

I have a bunch of mordheim minis, and considering to sell them (maybe). Any of you guys know what these go for these days? I have seen silly prices for them, going up to 15€ a piece. Any opinion?

NOTE: this is not a selling post, just wanted to get some opinions. I'm still not entirely sure if i want to keep them or not. My ideal plan would be to get rid of all my warhammer/mordheim stuff and rescale to the warband minis. But i'm a wee bit afraid i won't be able to shift it all. General plan is to downsize by having smaller footprints. instead of a troop for kings of war being on 100X40 i would go for 50X20 in 10 mm, and go from a 6X4 table to a 3X2 with half measurements. Not entirely sure, just brainstorming a bit. Have enough d&d figures for 28 mm skirmish so that base is covered.

Raider4

It's years since I looked at eBay for minis, but don't you just put "L@@K!!! RARE!!! OOP!!! and PRO-PAINTED!!!", and wait for the money to come rolling in?

<serious mode>Sorry, can't help here. But whatever you get for them, it's more than you've got now! Good luck. I actually have a shed-load of old GW metal figs - mostly LotR - in a box somewhere. Really ought to sort them out and see if I can flog them.

Cheers, Martyn
--

fred.

With old GW stuff the price varies hugely - some stuff goes for silly money, other stuff goes for next to nothing.

If you know that the stuff is, do some research, find the high value ones, and list them on their own, making sure you put the unique details about the figure in. For the other stuff list in blocks and price realistically.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Oops, should have mentioned, i won'tsell through ebay, if i sell i do it on LAF.

So not going for top price, but decent fair price from one mini enthousiast to another  :)

fred.

Same advice goes. You need to have a good idea of what you are selling to price it sensibly.

You can try selling in LAF at 'sensible offers accepted' but you need to have a number in mind yourself
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Smoking gun

Look on Ebay at the sold prices not the asking prices. That will give a range of values.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

petercooman

Quote from: Smoking gun on 21 September 2017, 07:34:22 PM
Look on Ebay at the sold prices not the asking prices. That will give a range of values.

Martin

I did that, that's where i got the 'up to 15€' from.

Seems the ones in blisters go higher while the ones that were in the starter warbands go for 'normal' rates (7-9 per model). Still haven't put these on sale though, the problem i have, every time i think about selling them, and i start looking at them, i want to keep them. But then they just sit in a box and i don't do anything with them.  ;D