US and British Green for late war AFVs

Started by T13A, 26 September 2017, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

H

Do you use different greens/olive-drab to paint your Pendraken late WWII US and British AFV's? If so what?

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No - currently I use Vajelo US OD. Looks about right. Think the British should be rather greener though.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

petercooman

I used gw catachan green for my British afv's

then mixed with a little khaki for the highlights. Don't know if it's perfect, but it works for me!

Matt J

I use mostly Castellan Green (GW) for the base on all green afv's WW2 through to Vietnam. I mix different coloured greens into the highlights to get variety depending on nation/theatre.

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Orcs

Hi

For the Americans I use Vallejo brown Violet Vallejo 887 and for the British I use Russian Uniform 924.

Giive a black magi wash then dry brush with the original colour. then a very light dry brush 50/50orriginal colour and white

Whatever paint you use the british should be a bit lighter and more green. 

However, years ago some members of the club got talking to a British Tank veteran of ww2 and he said all our tanks were a  "Sh*tty brown". 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

hakejumble

I also have only used Vallejo Brown Violet or Russian Uniform in the past, then a heavy dry brush of green grey and finished with a panel wash of agrax earth shade and then mop up the excess ink.

Jake
— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!