crisis haul!

Started by petercooman, 03 November 2018, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: Cavillarius on 04 November 2018, 08:41:56 AM
Crisis was worth it for me too, although I mostly got books (some pretty rare stuff at very reasonable prices) and paints.
The only 10mm stuff I found that is useful for my current project (late 19th Century Raj), came from MM. Still, a very nice day at an event that could have done with a Pendraken stand, although I do understand that there is probably no profit in it. Mind you, that didn't stop minority interests like 6mm Baccus and Adler from coming...

The small scales were underrepresented once more. The plus side is that most do away with 10mm scenery quite cheap. What was a surprise to me is the amount of 1/72 stuff on sale. Is it making a comeback?

Leman

One of the benefits of the EU - no bloody customs at the land borders - see the current cock-up (b*****cks we never thought of that!) re. the Irish Republic/Northern Ireland border. As previously stated, be careful what you wish for.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

No difference anyway for me. I don't cross a border when driving to crisis.

Ace of Spades

I live in the Southern part of the Netherlands so Antwerp is not that bad to travel to. Then again; the fact that there is so little available in the small scales keeps me from visiting Crisis; it's just not worth it to me (I admit; the temptation and total lack of backbone once in is also part of it...). Better save my money and order some more 10mm Pendraken stuff through the internet!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

The small scales were underrepresented once more. The plus side is that most do away with 10mm scenery quite cheap. What was a surprise to me is the amount of 1/72 stuff on sale. Is it making a comeback?

Interesting observation Peter.  I wonder if its the 28mm that is stimulating the 1/72 stuff - nearest cheapest plastic scale - just was we use 1/144 for plastic aircraft?

fsn

06 November 2018, 04:09:48 PM #20 Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 04:11:49 PM by fsn

20mm is coming home. 15mm is dead ... it just doesn't know it yet.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: Sunray on 06 November 2018, 03:26:07 PM
Interesting observation Peter.  I wonder if its the 28mm that is stimulating the 1/72 stuff - nearest cheapest plastic scale - just was we use 1/144 for plastic aircraft?

Can't tell. They are easier to paint now we have acrylics though! Not a lot of chipping as opposed to oil paints.