A small AWI offering.

Started by Mockern, 29 October 2010, 01:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mockern

You make a good point, thanks Nik! I shall make it so.  :D

andymac

Love the figures, a realy good job.  On Nik's comment on the flag,s I paint the edges in the matching colour to that shown on the flag, it' takes a little more time but well worth it in th elong run.

Checked out some of the other 10mm figures on your site, WW2 is not my area but some cracking paint jobs and some cracking bases.

Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Pawel Chrzanowski

Good job. Nik and Andy are right. Your style of painting looks good but I will add a shadding to faces. As I can see you left black eyes on faces, I my opinion the contrast is to big ... but this is only my opinion  :)

Mockern

Thanks for kind comments, my apologies I had not picked up on them sooner! I have been busily engaged with 'real life stuff' (unfortunately).  :D

Andy - in fact this is something I do with commissioned miniatures. At a stretch to my own, mostly Napoleonics, and as you say it is worth it. Thanks for your compliments!

Pawel - I actually completely agree about the contrast around the eyes. I'm honest enough to say that I am a bit lazy with a lot of my minis  :-[ but there have been occasions - notably few - when I have softened the flesh tones around the faces. So not to worry, your opinion is entirely appreciated  :)

Kind Regards to all,
Tim

Mockern

Apologies for not keeping this more regularly updated, just, real life you know!   :D I have however updated my blog with some new photos of my 10mm AWI stuff and will pop more on there over the next week or two now that I'm back into the swing of things. I'' try to get plenty of them based as well, as that's where I tend to get a bit lazy.  L-) So spur me on! Preferably by not encouraging the purchase of more...

Cheers!  8)

Techno

Extremely good  ! =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Mockern on 29 October 2010, 01:50:34 PM
In fact, I can't post even one photo, as they are apparently a little large on the KB size, so here is a link to my blog page, where I have endeavoured to put up some of the rest. I can't compliment the AWI castings enough, they're a joy to paint! Admittedly I rush through, but don't let that stop you sampling them yourself! Enjoy.

http://massedminiaturemarvels.blogspot.com

Good God, man, your Adlers are spectacular.  @-) :-bd

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Very impressive. If that's lazy I hate to think what mine are...  X_X
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net