French artillery

Started by Jesus, 12 June 2017, 11:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus

Hello, good morning, here I leave you an advance of artillery of French line. I just need to finish the base.
what do you think?
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Jesus

Steve J

Very nice 8). On my artillery, I add a small piece of plastic under the wheels and trails to raise them up to a similar height to the infantry bases.

Leman

Excellent painting technique shown there. Great idea about the guns Steve.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

+1 Leman's comment on both counts.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Those look terrific !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

mollinary

Beautiful painting as always, Jesus.  I am not an expert on this period, but I thought most of the French gun carriages  I had seen were painted a darkish shade of green?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

old smokie

12 June 2017, 04:12:44 PM #7 Last Edit: 12 June 2017, 05:20:35 PM by old smokie
nice paint job, French carriages should be green  :)

Leman

French artillery cunningly disguised as Prussians?

Westmarcher

Stop! Don't finish the base yet. Sorry, Jesus, they're right - French Napoleonic gun carriages were Olive Green*. Other than that, very good.  =D>

Well done Steve for saying about raising the gun models to compensate for the bases on the figures (I've always done that and didn't think it need to be said - clearly a wrong assumption on my part!).

*know how you may feel - incorrectly painted a Union supply wagon only recently and "had to" re-paint.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Quote from: Westmarcher on 12 June 2017, 05:21:00 PM
Well done Steve for saying about raising the gun models to compensate for the bases on the figures (I've always done that and didn't think it need to be said - clearly a wrong assumption on my part!).

Yup! I shim everything under the sun but NEVER thought to do do this! Duh!  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Dr Dave

Those are gorgeous, but yes, I fear that the guns and all the woodwork is a green ochre shade. That includes the ramrod, ammo chests, limbers - anything wooden - all green.

But it makes me want to collect 10mm Napoleonic now.

Jesus

Thank you
I always try to document myself as faithfully as possible, although it is not always easy. I believe you if I decide it is green but if I painted them blue it is because I have seen some sheets where they come out of that color. I will consider it a variant consequence of the tough campaign.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Captured Prussian guns! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Those Prussians get everywhere.