Modern Dogfight using Lacquered Coffins (Modified)

Started by bigjackmac, 20 April 2017, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

jack, I was able to find some of my WWI pictures, not a game, just the planes so I will share them with you for now and continue to look for eh Ki-43s and Flying Tigers. All of my models are 1:300 scale and fr eh most part very old Skytrex models I bought a bunch of back in the 80s. I also play my air games on a hex mat, but I don't bother with altitude just to keep it simple fast playing a fun.

French Breguet 14 at left and a SPA 7 at right.

German DFW C.V left and an Albatros D.III right.

British Be2c  at left and Be2e at right. The Be2e is in the experimental camouflage the RAF tried.

I realize some of the colors may seem a  bit bright, but all are taken from Windsock or other reliable sources and matched to Methuen.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Cracking work and love the basing. Very impressive 8).

lowlylowlycook

You've got some very nice looking planes here.

The basing on your biplanes is amazing and give a great sense of height.

bigjackmac

Terry,

Those planes are absolutely beautiful, thanks for posting!  You weren't supposed to show me up on my own thread!  ;) ;D ;D

I very much hope you find the P-40s and Ki-43s, I'd love to see those too.

V/R,
Jack

d_Guy

Amazing models, Terry, with wonderfully creative basing. I think you and Jack should get together and remake Howard Hughes' "Wings"!  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

bigjackmac

All,

So it's 0715 on 3 Feb 1990, and CLA aircraft are sortieing towards Havana on a fighter sweep, anxious for action.  Two days of war have seen the CLA's fighter squadron reduced from twelve planes and twelve pilots to six planes and six pilots, though the damage to Castro's Air Force has been severe as well, with numerous fighters destroyed on the ground, and eleven destroyed in air to air combat.  The first fight on the morning of Day 3 sees an even up fight between three F-4 Phantoms and three MiG-21s.  Stand by for action.

And with Bruiser 04 getting the final kill of the engagement, the CLA Air Force now has its first ace!  To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2017/06/phantoms-over-havana-fight-7.html

Next up we have Blackjack 01 (a Veteran), 02, and 03 squaring off against four of Castro's Air Force MiG-21s, so stay tuned.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

bigjackmac

Thanks guys!

I didn't play any of these this past weekend, unfortunately; I started a new project.  Again...  :o :'(  :d

V/R,
Jack

Terry37

Jack, Finally got some time to take some new photos of my Flying Tigers and Ki-43s.

Yeah, there is some casting nips on he K-i43 that I didn't see until after it was finished - not sure how I didn't see it, but I didn't. We'll just call that previous battle damage!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton