Tale of X Gamers - 100YW English

Started by Nosher, 13 October 2010, 10:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Having finished their arch enemy, I have now started the 100YW English army - 8 stands of longbow completed this evening and only another 22 stands to go! Will finish all of the bowmen before posting any pics on my blog.

I'm aiming to have this army 'ready for the field' before the end of November in the hope that I can post my first 10mm batrep using WMA.

Unlike the French which I did in quite garish livery, I'm aiming for a 'year in the filed' campaign look for this army. It consists of 4x Command, 12x MAA, 30x Longbow, 16x Bill, 4x Gascon Bill, 6x Gascon Crossbow, 8x Welsh spear and 1 gun.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Only 22 stands to go nosher? Excellent - I'll look back in an hour eh?  ;) :P 8) ;D

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Steve J

Looking forward to the pics Nosher and to their initial blooding on the table.

Nosher

Another 8 stands of longbow done - 14 to go.

Painting drought over the weekend as I have a solo BKC game tommorow night ;), a FULL days FoG and WMA :D on Saturday and Sunday I'm working :d
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Sounds like a good weekend nosher [apart from the working bit, natch]

GordonY

I wish I was that organised, usually my table is covered with my "to-do" stuff.

Still Sunday, another show, Ambush Alley in 28mm, should be fun.

Gordon

nikharwood

Excellent - Ambush Alley is top-notch  8)

Nosher

Here is the start of my English and to add insult to injury, a unit of Gascon Crossbow and Billmen - one in the eye for the French (as if massed longbow isn't enough!)

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.com/2010/10/100ywwor-english.html

Frank Carson

Nosher

Two 8 stand units of bill added to the done pile ;) and halfway through two four stand units of Lesser MAA.

12 stands of Foot Knights/Lesser MAA, 4 command stands, 1 artillery stand and an 8 stand unit of Welsh Spear to go. Well on track to have these done ahead of Christmas - feeling quite pleased with my progress and with myself. I might treat myself to a couple of extra tinnies this Friday (not that I need an excuse :o)

My new deadline is late November to have this lot done and to have uploaded a batrep featuring the miniatures here on the forum. After that I will be out of action for a while due to an op I have been waiting on for some time. Mixed emotions on that one - I'll be glad to finally get the surgery out of the way :) but also a little apprehensive about the procedure :(

Still, if everything goes well I'll get a few years more cricket out of the old frame (and a lot more bending over wargames tables!) ;D

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 26 October 2010, 11:24:28 PM
After that I will be out of action for a while due to an op I have been waiting on for some time. Mixed emotions on that one - I'll be glad to finally get the surgery out of the way :) but also a little apprehensive about the procedure :(

Best of luck on that, hope it goes well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Likewise, nosher mate, likewise  :)

Good to see you making good progress too - I'm looking forward to the batrep.

And I'll be joining you in the Friday-night-shenanigans too: tricky times with work - time for a spot of self-medication methinks  <:-P  =O

GordonY

Nosher

And I'll be joining you in the Friday-night-shenanigans too: tricky times with work - time for a spot of self-medication methinks  <:-P  =O
[/quote]

Lots of booby pics then tommorow? Luvvly Jubbly :D I get my 'at risk' letter tommorow - it might take quite a bit of beer to make that pill easier to swallow =)

Anyway, on a more positive note :D ;) :) :D that half finished 8 stand unit of Lesser MAA is finished as are the 8 stands of welsh spear. Lined up 4 command stands and an artillery stand to do tommorow and then I am only twelve stands of english away from a WMA Battlerep for the forum. With a bit of effort that could be next weekend. 8)

Next up after this little lot are the WoR Extras so I can try out Bloody Barons

There. Feeling better already :d

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 28 October 2010, 11:18:22 PM
Lots of booby pics then tommorow? Luvvly Jubbly :D I get my 'at risk' letter tommorow - it might take quite a bit of beer to make that pill easier to swallow =)

There. Feeling better already :d

I've not had an indication of formal at-risk although I know that my current role will go...so we're approximately in the same boat...definite need to step back from reality tomorrow night methinks - and if boobies will help, I am more than happy to oblige! Probably time to find another theme nosher -unless you're happy to continue the Star Wars one..??!

You are making cracking progress with these though - nice to see your plans too...I seem to have been sidetracked / hoodwinked / hornswaggled / seduced back to 28mm over the last couple of weekends...need to rectify that forthwith!  8)