mice and mystics heroes

Started by petercooman, 12 November 2016, 09:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

12 November 2016, 10:41:05 PM #15 Last Edit: 12 November 2016, 10:42:37 PM by petercooman
Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 November 2016, 08:08:25 PM
Great stuff! Those look really good.

Tracked Mice & Mystics when it was in development and loved the concept and execution but the cost of the game coupled with the postage put it out of range financially. May have to reconsider now!

As i said, there is a big cost, but the game itself is beautifull!  Just look at the artwork on those tiles and cards:

By the way, these minis are painted to look like the character cards in the last pic, came out ok.

Quote from: Matt J on 12 November 2016, 08:17:47 PM
These look cool. Is it something that is Redwall influenced?
Redwall has been mentioned a few times on the forums, but the designer said in an interview that he originally made the game to help his daughter with her reading problems. (it has quite a bit of story text in the adventures). His daughter really likes mice so he made his characters mice! Maybe he did draw inspiration from there or maybe it's just a  coincidence!

Quote from: FierceKitty on 12 November 2016, 09:54:08 PM
Deranged. Now, where can I get some?

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/games/mice-and-mystics

:D

fred.

I'd not heard of this before. Its a nice looking game, and the figures have painted up very nicely. Are you going to do the monsters as well?

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 12 November 2016, 10:47:59 PM
I'd not heard of this before. Its a nice looking game, and the figures have painted up very nicely. Are you going to do the monsters as well?

Doing them right now, was just going to paint the bases on the roaches, spider and centipede. Rats will be for tomorrow.  And then if all goes well, i will have painted the entire game in 3 days  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ithoriel

Just picked up a second hand copy on line for £35 - more my price range. Though I see expensive expansions in my future if I can get people playing this!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 November 2016, 02:08:56 AM
Just picked up a second hand copy on line for £35 - more my price range. Though I see expensive expansions in my future if I can get people playing this!

:-bd :-bd

For what it's worth, there is only one big box expansion and one small one. and they are played in a specific order. Otherwise the story doesn't match up.

First is mice and mystics sorrow and rememberance (the base game)
after that is heart of glorm (the small box)
and lastly downwood tales (big box again)

I have just ordered a copy of heart of glorm yesterday, is pretty hard to find. But i saw that the company who makes them restocked a few days ago, so i'm uessing there will be more availability again with a new print run.

Tail feathers is actually a stand alone skirmish game in the lines of attack wing/x wing, but with birds and squads of ground troops that you send on missions. It is not a necessary purchase if you are only interested in the dungeon crawler. (although some of those miniatures can be used in the base game for variety, or to replace tokens)

I could'nt resist and bought everything  ;D ;D ;D

Have fun!!

Matt J

Ok I'm getting this for my kids  :D (and me.....)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

petercooman

Quote from: Matt J on 13 November 2016, 11:26:18 AM
Ok I'm getting this for my kids  :D (and me.....)

I should start asking for a commission, everytime i post stuff about my boardgames people start buying  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have fun with it!

petercooman

Also worth noting, the models fit in with 'some other company who makes rat models'. there are a few comparison pics on BGG

fred.

Quote from: petercooman on 13 November 2016, 12:04:47 PM
I should start asking for a commission, everytime i post stuff about my boardgames people start buying  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think you can do this on Amazon. You setup an account, then post links (which have a link to your account) then you get some commission. I suspect its not much. But...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

I know, but i Just want To spread my love for the games, not make profit   :)

Techno

13 November 2016, 12:25:38 PM #25 Last Edit: 13 November 2016, 01:21:08 PM by Techno
HAH.....

Well........I should be on some sort of commission from the makers of 'optivisors'.
(In my dreams..... ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 13 November 2016, 12:25:38 PM
HAH.....

Well........I should be on sone sort of commission for the makes of 'optivisors'.
(In my dreams..... ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Techno

Would help if I hadn't had to go  back and correct my spelyng miss-stakes.  =)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Just finished painting all the minions. Added some miniatures from the other boxes so I could make a nice assembly line of fur painting    ;D

Base texture will get to dry overnight, I'll shoot some pics tomorrow.

2nd crisis buy as good as finished!!!