19th Century bands

Started by cameronian, 23 August 2016, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

13 March 2017, 08:38:52 AM #45 Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 08:46:18 AM by FierceKitty
You haven't heard of Giovanni di Medici and his Black Band? Henry V and his Band of Brothers? Sherlock Holmes' Speckled Band?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Beatles?

Johny come latelies!

Music didn't exist till Elvis, and except for Zodiac Mindwarp, ceased upon his ascension.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 March 2017, 08:38:52 AM
You haven't heard of Giovanni di Medici and his Black Band? Henry V and his Band of Brothers? Sherlock Holmes' Speckled Band?

1) No - but sound Condottiere

2) Invented by one W. Shakespeare - or wuz it C. Marlowe

3) Dat be Snake

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

cameronian

FFS I should have known !!!
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Don't you mean FFD#  :P

If you could explain the rules and the integrity points, I'm sure it makes sense, and will Beatle all those other ideas. Is this a Cool-an,d-the-Gang idea to eliminate book keeping? After all, A Rolling Stone gathers no moss...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

cameronian

13 March 2017, 12:03:40 PM #50 Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 12:08:10 PM by cameronian
FOB2 (Field of Battle 2), apart from the the casualties, blows to morale etc sustained by individual units, ticking away in the background is the slow attrition of the formation, each time a unit loses a base 3 integrity points are lost ie one bandsman removed from the base, better than a chit and also a visible sign of the formation's slow reduction. I rather like it, ANYWAY, do you think the bases with/without the command figure look better.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

toxicpixie

I like the back base better, with the mounted officer waving the band on.

OOM-pah-pah, OOM-pah-pah!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Course the be a problem wit bands on't table - they take ALL the casualties....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

cameronian

Capital punishment is too good for some of you lot.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I like them with the command conductor figure.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

13 March 2017, 03:01:01 PM #55 Last Edit: 13 March 2017, 03:13:32 PM by toxicpixie
He's on a horse, so he's probably very fast. You might think he's a...

wait for it....

Keep waiting...

A LIGHTNING CONDUCTOR!

*ahahahahahahahahahahah

I'd make the same joke again, it's so good, but lightning never strikes twice.

Techno

If I didn't know Nobby was so over-run with his work at the moment.....I'd be getting him to chew an awful lot of coats.

Sheeeeeesh !!  X_X

Cheers - Phil  ;)

cameronian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTG5RLg-IAM

48 seconds in, can't tell whether its a big dog or a small pony pulling the Pendraken drum cart !

Techno

Small horse.  :)

Was difficult to tell, until I spotted its tail. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

cameronian

LOL, you've got a better monitor than me ! It is the cart though.