3mm BBB ACW

Started by Leman, 18 July 2016, 10:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

A few years back I bought some Peter Pig 3mm ACW figures to go with my 3mm riverine stuff. Unfortunately the rules for using them in the original Hammerin Iron had been withdrawn. Last week, whilst looking for something else, I came across them and thought I would  use them to do the BBB Shiloh scenario. I have fought this before with figures from my 15mm collection, based as three infantry figures on a 30x20mm base. I decided to use the same base size for all arms, but this time there would be 80 figures to an infantry base. I started with Hardee's corps, bearing the famous white disc on a blue ground battle flag. This was a 7 base unit. I followed this up with mounted and dismounted cavalry, 2 bases of each, and then the five Confederate guns for the army. This is the result so far:

I shall be adding a few Oddzial Osmy figures to this collection as markers, e.g. wrecked guns, limbers for movement, specific officers for brigades, out of ammo markers, disruption and spent markers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

I like the look of these.

The extra size (over 2mm) really seems to give a bit more definition - so they look more like groups of men - rather than blocks.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

Leman

Indeed, the other attraction being the ACW naval stuff from Peter Pig being all the same scale, including towns, villages and forts. There are also the free ACW downloadable buildings from the Altar of Freedom website. I may even be able to get away with the 2mm Irregular Western train.

Subedai

Very nicely turned out.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

Really nice and tiny stuff :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Like 'em !  8)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I received the Oddzial Osmy figures today. If anyone else is interested in this I can confirm that the OO and PP 3mm ACW figures are perfectly compatible. I also ordered some Napoleonic covered wagons. These are a little smaller than the PP ones, but you can only get the PP ones in units of five with two dock buildings and no horses. In the OO range the limber horses come as a strip of three, two ridden and one not. However there are offside horses in the Napoleonic range, which can also be used for the PP wagons if you want to attach a team. As you can see in the photo, the PP guns are modelled with a four horse limber on the base. My plan is to use the OO limber and caisson with a four horse team  as a limbered marker in the BBB games.

Steve J

Leman

The Confederate army begins to take shape. Second half of Bragg's corps painted and based ready for basing material. Polk's corps on painting rods and Union camps prepared as well - Irregular Miniatures tents with some wagons and individuals added for interest.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Leman

If I go by the cards from the Shiloh trading game, then some of the Confederate infantry were in red kepis, and those from Louisiana in red kepis and blue uniforms, although they are reputed to have turned their coats in side out. I may include a couple of units in their pristine uniforms before they fell to pieces. I could also field a unit of western Union zouaves, also in blue with red kepis. Confusion reigns.

Bodvoc

These are looking great.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!