joy of six

Started by Shutuphippie, 16 July 2016, 07:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shutuphippie

If anyone is off to the joy of six in Sheffield tomorrow pop over and say hello. I'll be on the Dennewitz  table playing a volley and bayonet game.

New to the forums and relatively new to 10mm but do pendraken  run a show like this at all? If so I'll be seeing you there 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Be shoving a Tank Division around - on the CWC table.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

petercooman

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 16 July 2016, 07:05:46 AM

New to the forums and relatively new to 10mm but do pendraken  run a show like this at all? If so I'll be seeing you there 😄

They do the battleground show:

http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/

d_Guy

Could a Pendraken show perhaps be called "the Giddiness of Ten"?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Fenton

How about

Tumultuous knee trembling of Ten
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 16 July 2016, 07:05:46 AM
If anyone is off to the joy of six in Sheffield tomorrow pop over and say hello. I'll be on the Dennewitz  table playing a volley and bayonet game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'll be there showing Pharsalus with To the Strongest rules. Come along and join in the fun!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: mollinary on 16 July 2016, 04:41:33 PM
And I'll be there showing Pharsalus with To the Strongest rules. Come along and join in the fun!

Mollinary

A game I've been looking at for a while now..can't decide whether to take the plunge or not
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: d_Guy on 16 July 2016, 03:11:03 PM
Could a Pendraken show perhaps be called "the Giddiness of Ten"?

Ten-ptation...?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

Quote from: Leon on 16 July 2016, 07:36:14 PM
Ten-ptation...?

and this is why your in the business and we are mere groupies. OK there are some that are over obsessed  but you get the idea

d_Guy

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Waves from Attack at Devizes! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

18 July 2016, 01:28:36 AM #12 Last Edit: 18 July 2016, 01:49:02 AM by Ithoriel
Had a brilliant time over the weekend, firstly at the Baccus Secret Bunker where Igor and The Marthter gave a brilliant overview of the history and the production processes of Baccus. If you have any interest in the process whereby those little men are created I can't recommend a visit too highly. A great experience definitely enhanced by sharing it with a really nice bunch of other visitors.

Joy of Six itself was everything I'd hoped. I spent money I didn't have on things I didn't need, buying twice what I should have but half of what I'd have liked. There were so many great games being put on it seems a little churlish to single out any of them but I feel that I have to give special mention to Breaking The Line put on by David Elks and Tim Rogers since it was playing their game that got me the winning raffle ticket that saw me walk off with a bottle of Genfiddich and while playing it for a second time that I actually won. Plus they are nice guys and it was a fun game that I enjoyed enough when I lost that I went back for a second game which I won ... more by chance than skill!

Had a chance to meet Shutuphippie and mollinary. Must've met ianrs54 too, without realising who he was. Probably several others too that I'm still too zonked to remember.  

Apart from preferring not to cook in the very unBritish hot, humid weather there's not much I'd change about the weekend.

Definitely planning to go back next year!

Pictures taken on my new smart phone, which I have yet to really get to grips with so not the best, here Joy of Six 2016 Album
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

A wonderful report, Ithoriel! I enjoyed the read.
And this... this I call poetry:

Quote from: Ithoriel on 18 July 2016, 01:28:36 AM
I spent money I didn't have on things I didn't need, buying twice what I should have but half of what I'd have liked.
Nice!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!