1866 Bavarians.

Started by owaincaesarius, 13 July 2016, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owaincaesarius

Anyone got any images of Pendrakens Bavarians for 1866 they could "show and tell".

Ta.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

owaincaesarius

Very nice indeed, yes many of those are what I was looking for. Although I'll be trying to do mine in forage cap where possible. Of course as I also rather fasncy doing 1870/1 too its all useful stuff.

Many thanks.

KTravlos

Chad

I have 1866 Bavarians. Am on holiday until Sunday but will try to post some photos when I get home.

Leman

I also have 1866 Bavarians, as yet unpainted. They are in the usual uniform with the shoulder roll, but wearing the soft peaked cap. they are advancing and marching. Unfortunately no command, but Saxon command for 1866 would make a good proxy.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chad

There is a command. I had some figures remodelled as 1866 generic command in peaked caps. Leon has never put them on the website so you will have to ask him for them.

Leman

Oh great! Shame my ESP is screwed.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

owaincaesarius

Thanks everyone.....the command issue looks resolved too. What fun! Does this generic command pack includes a standard bearer and if so cast flag or bare pole/

OC

Chad

owaincaesarius

Cheers Chad. Of course I suppose I should actually finish off the figures for the Bohemian theatre first...

cameronian

You can do what I did, paint them all up in peaked caps (Saxon command) and have interchangeable flags, now they're Saxon, now they're Bavarian, not ideal but in 10mm not really noticeable either (with my eyes that is !)
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Chad

I used the Saxons for 1866 Wurttemburg infantry, the Bavarians as Hess-Darmstadt and had some greatcoats added to th Bavarian figures to give Baden (which have also not appeared on the website)

owaincaesarius

Funny you mention Wurttemburgers.... I am starting to see the charm in having a division of these chaps commanded by Lieutenant-General von Hardegg. It's a good enough reason as any....

Chad

Division is 3 brigades with a jäger battalion attached to each brigade. Jäger uniform is the one worn in 1870