Balkans war 1912-13

Started by sunjester, 10 March 2016, 11:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

The Tring Club have decided to vary our demo games this year and have two games, so I've offered to run a 1912 Balkans War game at Vanquish in May and Warfare in November. This game depicts a skirmish near the city of  Ioannina (Janina), by the shores of Lake Pamvotis, in the spring of 1913, using the CHAIN OF COMMAND rules by TOO FAT LARDIES. All miniatures used are from TIGER MINIATURES.

I set up a trial game this week to test the scenario before I take it to the club for a final run through.

The battlefield viewed from the West, the Greeks will deploy from the North and the Turks from the South.

Turkish Jump Off Point

Greek Jump Off Point

The opposing forces.

Turkish artillery in action.

Greeks massing in preparation for close assault.

Cheers,
Graham

paulr

Nice looking game and good to see something different as a demo game :-bd =D> :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice, will you guys be coming to Campaign in May?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jambo1

That is very nice indeed, interesting period, pre WW1, it is sooo very tempting!!!! :'( :-bd :-bd

Techno

Leman

that looks very good and I look forward to seeing it at Warfare.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sunjester

Thanks Guys.

Will, unfortunately I have to work the weekend of Campaign  :( so Tring will be taking this year's main demo along, which is 28mm Fishguard, based on the French attempted invasion of Wales in 1797.

Orcs

I played Graham on this set up this week, It really looked nice and we use Chain of Command.

It gives a very different game. this is down to several factors, to the size of the squads (12-15 figures ). Only rifle armed and the variable quality of the squads  forces in the same force
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sandinista

KTravlos

Jolly good show. At the other level of scale, my Operational Level Balkan Wars scenarios for Bloody Big Battles are slowly racking up. With one done by Chris we know have 4 (Kirkilise, Sarantaporo, Yenice, Bizani), with another 8-10 to go.

Now if only there was a 10mm range for those wars  8)

Steve J

Great to see something completely different period wise for a demo game.

toxicpixie

Weirdly after reading so many BBB related games recently I was surprised to find this wasn't using the rules! Looks good, interesting action and I bet there's a lot of tactical choices to make there.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: sunjester on 11 March 2016, 07:53:17 AM
Thanks Guys.

Will, unfortunately I have to work the weekend of Campaign  :( so Tring will be taking this year's main demo along, which is 28mm Fishguard, based on the French attempted invasion of Wales in 1797.

That m's a shame, but Fishguard sounds cool too. You guys always put on an excellent game.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

We recently played a test game for my 1913-set demo game. Game write up and lots of new pictures can be seen on the Tring Wargames Club Blog.   http://tringwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/first-balkans-war-demo-game.html?showComment=1460900584866#c7132621527892350403