Napoleonic British

Started by kev1964, 04 February 2016, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

IF you were incredibly LUCKY!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

09 February 2016, 09:17:59 AM #31 Last Edit: 09 February 2016, 09:33:46 AM by Westmarcher
Basically the same as a modern fireworks rocket with stick longer than the cylinder, Phil. It was self contained so all you needed was a trough like launcher (like a length of roof guttering) - it could also be place on the ground and launched from there. I don't think they were fitted with percussion caps - it was like a howitzer shell* insofar as it had a fuse so it usually blew up in mid-air (showering shrapnel all around) or on the ground (if it landed 'safely') when the fuse ran out or on impact (if it burst open because it was full of powder which does not go well with a naked flame). I wasn't aware of tubular launchers for Napoleonic rocket artillery (but what do I know?) but sounds like a good idea, especially for the naval version. Very erratic. Could go anywhere - including doubling back! So, as Lemmey says, "if you were incredibly lucky!"

A link with some further info -

http://waterloo200.org/200-object/congreve-rocket/  

:-B

* actually, the more I think about it, I don't even think it was that sophisticated (unfortunately, can't look into it further - must dash - have an appointment to keep! Help, someone else?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

kev1964

Thank's for the comments chaps, here are a few cav, should get the final few including the generals done tomorrow.

kev

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

I am now crying in my beer.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Szymon

Leon026

I wish I could paint that well :(

Ithoriel

I'd settle for painting half that well! :(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jambo1

Cavalry look absolutely stunning. :-bd :-bd

kev1964

The blues and greys plus commanders, next lot up will be the French.

kev

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Are those beautiful.....Or what ?

Cheers - Phil

mollinary

Quote from: Techno on 11 February 2016, 05:34:26 PM
Are those beautiful.....Or what ?

Cheers - Phil
d

I suppose someone had to sculpt them before they could be painted?  :-\ ;)
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

These really are fantastic Kev, I can't wait to get them here and up onto the website.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

bradpitre

I love your style of painting Kev, and I am in awe every new presentation of your work, a model for me !!! ........ maybe one day !!!

eric
je suis contre les femmes............tout contre!!!!

2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!