SYW battalion guns and field gun limbers

Started by Leman, 30 January 2016, 08:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Completed the battalion guns and limbers for my SYW Prussians ready for the first game in my new wargames room next Thursday,

Pendraken battalion gun on the end of an Old Glory Prussian line

Limbers Pendraken, limber drivers are actually Pendraken gun crew, guns are Old Glory medium Prussian guns with a mix of Pendraken and OG crew

The battlefield for the first game - half scale of the 28mm scenario, so 3'x2' area

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Glorfindel

That really looks the part.   Some fantastic painting and
wonderful terrain.   How have you made this ?   The fabled
teddy fur ?

Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

It's the famous faux mink throw, from Amazon, with random spurts of acrylic green and sand paint. The strands on one side are very much shorter than teddy fur, which makes an ideal gaming surface.

jambo1

Techno

Certainly is !
Most impressive, Bob.

Cheers - Phil

Roy

Brilliant! Luckily I'm quite iron-willed at present, as those pics are certainly of the 'I want some' variety.

Love the hand-print, by the way  :) [though I hope its not permanent?]
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

WeeWars

Looking very impressive!

I don't wish to pollute a page of such artistry with the image but there is a faux mink throw on Amazon a nearly half price that, when the large Tiger and cub are removed, would leave an impressive amount of tabletop grassy rough going. Single and doubles available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BIL46J6?keywords=faux%20mink%20throw%20tiger&qid=1454180533&ref_=sr_1_1&s=kitchen&sr=1-1
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Quote from: WeeWars on 30 January 2016, 07:09:49 PM
Looking very impressive!

I don't wish to pollute a page of such artistry with the image but there is a faux mink throw on Amazon a nearly half price that, when the large Tiger and cub are removed, would leave an impressive amount of tabletop grassy rough going. Single and doubles available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BIL46J6?keywords=faux%20mink%20throw%20tiger&qid=1454180533&ref_=sr_1_1&s=kitchen&sr=1-1
TASTEFUL!

Leman

Hand and fingerprints disappear simply by rubbing across the knap, although I did consider naming the battle the Action at Handfeldt.