British Vickers & crew - BR4 or BR160 ?

Started by Sunray, 28 January 2016, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I need a few Vickers MG & crew types -  I know BR160 is BEF with the prominent gas mask, but BR4 is also in th British Brodie helmet  , so not a late war figure which would be in the MkIII or turtle shaped helmet.

I have to say from the images, the BR4 looks a cleaner sculpt.  Does anyone on the forum have both types and a preference ?

petercooman

Sunray

Thanks Peter, nice paint work by the way.  Yes, , I have some BR160, but you have sold me the BR4 - they are neat sculpts.

Its odd that the Pendraken request brigade have never asked for post D Day Brits in the Turtle helmet and things like the leather jerkin.  Does anybody game late war Brit actions ?

Techno

petercooman

NTM

The battle bowler is perfectly suitable for late war actions. The turtle helmet was not that widely issued in comparison.

Sunray

Very true- but is seems to have been replaced very quickly in the post war army.  Peace time RSMs like conformity.  I speak from experience.

A range in the turtle helmet would also be good for the growing post war range until battle dress is phased out.