The hole dug deeper...

Started by Wulf, 11 January 2016, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Some of you may have read my whining over "What looks like..." as I try to find duplicates for a diorama of my 'World of Tanks' vehicles in 10mm scale.

Well, now it's getting entirely out of hand... Browsing through the Pendraken catalogue, I now discover... Dragon's Teeth anti-tank obstacles! Ooh... they look familiar...

The result, full of cordwood stacks, a bridge, pillboxes and dragon's teeth, will be one of my biggest orders, and not a single vehiclle nor toy soldier in there...

So... a bit more than a static diorama now!

O Dinas Powys

;D

Maybe you could add a tankette to the order just to make it a legit wargaming purchase and the large diorama becomes terrain ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Wulf

Oh, it's going to be terrain now... I'll have enough to cover my table now! Changes my preferred terrain 'look', but it'll all look familiar!

Actually there will be a couple of vehiclkes, but staff cars & other 'scenery'...

O Dinas Powys

Phew  #:-S

I was just worried for a minute that we'd lost you to the crazy world of military modelling... :'(

...or even worse, architectural landscape modelling ... X_X

;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Wulf

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 11 January 2016, 04:46:37 PMI was just worried for a minute that we'd lost you to the crazy world of military modelling... :'(
Actually they lost me to this lark, many years ago. Former member of the MAFVA, even....
Quote...or even worse, architectural landscape modelling ... X_X
there is a fine line between some wargaming tables and architectural modelling, I have to say...

Leon

Dioramas are really something I'd like to do more of, I've got loads of ideas in my head for various designs.  Trouble is, I'm fairly certain the best they'll ever look is while they're still in my noggin...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

Quote from: Leon on 11 January 2016, 07:42:04 PM
Dioramas are really something I'd like to do more of, I've got loads of ideas in my head for various designs.  Trouble is, I'm fairly certain the best they'll ever look is while they're still in my noggin...

Release your inner diorama, Leon!
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 11 January 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Quote from: WeeWars on 12 January 2016, 12:18:30 AM

Yeah, but your's look as good when released ;)

The rest of us have Leon's challenge to a greater or lesser degree ~X( ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 12 January 2016, 12:18:30 AM

As soon as I find some spare time!  Once we get past the start of the shows and the BKC reprint, I might start on the first one I've got in mind.  The other problem is that every time we release something new I get another idea!  That new wooden bridge is already the centrepiece in several mind-dioramas...

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Well, I added in a couple of bits of armour (a Deacon & a JS-3 - an odd combination, I admit) and the order is in as of this morning. I await the result...

fsn

The JS3 will have the Deacon, no problem.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Unless the deacon gets a plunging shot from range?
Top armour et al!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No the top armour would only be hit with a glancing blow. Ambush with sabot at about 500m should do it.

IanS (techno geek)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Wulf

According to World of Tanks, there's a weak spot just above the gun on the turret top (looks like an access plate to remove the gun), but you'd need a really high angle not to glance off.

Apart from that, the IS3 is made of spaced & angled armour & is a brawling beast in battle...  :d

fsn

Well we can talk about IS3 weak spots, or just note that the Deacon is, in comparison, an all over weak spot.

Think I'd rather dismount and go after the JS3 with a Panzerfaust.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!