What ruleset did you use in your last game - 2015?

Started by jchaos79, 24 January 2015, 08:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Sensible

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Basic Impetus
2) What armies were confronted? - Ottoman Turks vs Early Hapsburg Imperialists
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, mostly, baring some confusion over disorder
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - Yes.
5) How many players were in the game? - One!

Sort of a solo tester session that turned out to be a lot of fun. Things wot I learnt: gendarmes are 'effing dangerous even when under pressure; lots of shooty cavalry is great for pinning down the opposition and keeping the initiative.
''No more curried eggs for me!''

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - The Pikemen's Lament playtesting
2) What armies were confronted? - Royalist vs Parliamentarians
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, all pretty much there. Mainly testing scenarios now.
4) and... was the first time do you use the ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - One!

Shecky

What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Iron Cross
2) What armies were confronted? - Germans vs. Americans
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, they are easy to pick up.
4) and... was the first time for you to use the ruleset? - Yes
5) How many players were in the game? - Two

My Germans were soundly defeated by the Americans. It didn't help that my reserves were slow to come in while the American's pretty much had all their units on the board by the end of the fourth turn. I had to spend a lot of my activation points on Company Morale Tests instead of taking offensive actions against my opponent.

Since this was our first game, we did miss a rule or two but nothing too bad that affected the outcome of the game.
We liked the fact that the combat rules are easy to pick up and we were engaged with the game the entire time. Even when your opponent as the initiative, you still are reacting and thinking about how to spend your activation tokens.  Our next game should be in three weeks so I'm busy getting more troops painted.