Too Little, Too Late - 1866 Campaign in Germany

Started by Chad, 16 October 2015, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chad

Chad

My copy arrived today. 😃😃😃

Reading starts tonight.

Chad

cameronian

Poor Mike, he accidentally identified the Prussian cuirassiers as the ones who had divested themselves of their armour instead of the Austrians  :-[ apologetic emails were flying this morning, makes no difference, excellent book.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Chad

Cam

Yes, I pointed this out to him yesterday. Agreed excellent book.

Chad

Leman

Whoops! Perhaps he should team up with Wawro. Still ordered the book though.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Quote from: cameronian on 23 October 2015, 11:14:58 AM
Poor Mike, he accidentally identified the Prussian cuirassiers as the ones who had divested themselves of their armour instead of the Austrians  :-[

Empathise. So much work put in and so much proof reading and, often, something, somehow seeks through - but thankfully as Cam and Chad indicate, it has not detracted from the book as a whole. Confusion over Prussian/Austrian, Austrian/Prussian appears to be a common mistake for some strange reason - I once sent away some Pendraken SYW Prussian Cuirassiers for painting and they came back painted as Austrian Cuirassiers complete with Austrian flag!

If you are reading this, good luck with the sales, Mike.

Sssh, don't tell anyone. I also got Austrian limbers from Pendraken once and I had ordered Prussian ones (oops!).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

cameronian

Quote from: Leman on 23 October 2015, 04:37:23 PM
Whoops! Perhaps he should team up with Wawro. Still ordered the book though.

Ouch!
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

mollinary

Given the tiny contribution of Prussian Cuirassiers in this part of the 1866 war it is hardly the most significant blooper ever recorded!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!