Rome on a Budget

Started by kodiakblair, 19 July 2015, 01:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Lovely! Now, where's the goths?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

barbarian

I was expecting a Ryanair flight and some bad bed&breakfast.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kodiakblair

jchaos79

Thanks for posting the link to your brother's AAR. Always good to see other 2mm armies. While Ancients is my thing I've
been toying with trying Napoleonics,the new Morale Napoleon rules from 2 Hours Wargames have been bought just need
reading.

I really liked the 10mm Picts when I saw then at Carronade the other month so good chance they'll happen first.

Toxicpixie

Goths and Vandals are no problem,got around 800 bases of Ancients painted so can field almost everything.Shame they all need flocked :o

Ironduke

Looks fantastic, very envious!!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Quote from: kodiakblair on 19 July 2015, 09:45:46 PM

Toxicpixie

Goths and Vandals are no problem,got around 800 bases of Ancients painted so can field almost everything.Shame they all need flocked :o

That's a lot of flocking, get working :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Quote from: kodiakblair on 19 July 2015, 09:45:46 PM
jchaos79

Thanks for posting the link to your brother's AAR. Always good to see other 2mm armies. While Ancients is my thing I've
been toying with trying Napoleonics,the new Morale Napoleon rules from 2 Hours Wargames have been bought just need
reading.

I just made the OOB for the battle at quatre bras last night, gonna order some more 2mm soon. I use 2 by 2 napoleonics (they're free on the net), but will get the irregular napoleonic ruleset too, just to see what i can do with it!

Leman

Flocking amazing that there Rome.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Edmund2011

Wow! Really nice and well done. Always good to see some 2mm figs-  :-bd

I'm struggling to finish my 2mm napoleonics.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Edmund2011 on 20 July 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Wow! Really nice and well done. Always good to see some 2mm figs-  :-bd

I'm struggling to finish my 2mm napoleonics.

Always HARD to see some 2mm figs! 55555
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Try the black and dab approach. That should be quite fast.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Edmund2011

Quote from: Leman on 21 July 2015, 08:27:42 AM
Try the black and dab approach. That should be quite fast.

Yes. I wanted to paint some detail, but as I don't have too much time I will end doing that wary