The Supreme Littleness Designs website is launched!

Started by WeeWars, 09 March 2015, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Some of this stuff shure is purty...  8)

WeeWars

Quote from: barbarian on 12 March 2015, 07:04:38 AM
Stalingrad, here I come.
What kind of file do you need as I always wanted to design some buildings ?
What size are your material ( 2mm...) ?

Yes, I can provide 2mm MDF. Bear in mind that what is quoted as 2mm, 3mm is in fact imperial size and all slightly larger - this includes all your MDF bases! For example 3mm is in fact 3.2mm. This doesn't usually make a difference but in small scale there is a chance it will - if you deal in multiples, for example.

I'm not stuck with a particular kind of file as I 'print' direct from my drawing programme. What programme do you use to create your artwork?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

WeeWars

Quote from: barbarian on 12 March 2015, 12:44:06 PM
Illustrator.

.ai
.pdf
.eps
.dwg

?

As an Adobe Junky I use Illustrator, too, so ai files are fine. Google "using Illustrator for laser cutting" and you'll get an idea of how you have to prepare your drawings.

WeeWars

12 March 2015, 01:08:27 PM #65 Last Edit: 12 March 2015, 02:25:18 PM by WeeWars
This wooden trestle bridge is designed as a stand-alone bridge for 10mm miniatures (although scale applies in this case mainly to the size of the handrail and it could, possibly, be used for other scales). It will come with an alternative 'ruined' section. It has been designed to accommodate miniatures on 20mm wide bases between the handrails. It is possible to support wider bases on the handrails, if desired.

I would like to make this model available ASAP – it was designed (as Leon knows) a very long time ago – but first I have a question for the forum. The supports have some necessarily delicate areas that might easily break. This is just in the supports not the handrail, which appears sound. All should be okay if the model is glued securely before any part is given any chance to break. The model should be fine if it is fixed securely to a base.

My question is related to how you represent your rivers in your games. I could provide a base and extend the supports to fit in the base thus providing a more robust structure. This, however, wouldn't satisfy gamers who would rather have a model that can be used on a flat surface or their own base. I could keep the model as it is and provide an optional base without any fixings. Alternatively if not based, the model should be treated on the tabletop like any delicate assembled kit.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Michael

Ithoriel

All of this stuff looks really good and the bridge is something I might want for current projects, depending on price, as for the others ... who knows where my butterfly interests may land in future!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

WeeWars

Quote from: Le Manchou on 12 March 2015, 09:32:57 AM
As your blog, it's an impressive work. I would be interested by Napoleonic period 1/600 to 1/1 000 scale footprint buildings to add to my maps. I will follow the evolution of your project.

That sounds like A New Range of 2/3mm Buildings! Yes, it's possible. I'll give it a try. I'd imagine they would need to be sold not by the building but by the village! Which part of Europe are you thinking of?

WeeWars

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 March 2015, 01:15:57 PM
All of this stuff looks really good and the bridge is something I might want for current projects, depending on price, as for the others ... who knows where my butterfly interests may land in future!

Buy me a nice latte in town and that model's yours.

Techno

:o :o :o :o

How fast are you making these, Michael ?
Absolutely astounding !

Cheers - Phil

Leman

I'd probably settle for fixing the bridge to a base of my on as I have an extensive S&A river system.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I would fix it to a base!
It's fab!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

WeeWars

Seems fair to have two different trestle bridge versions: one with plugs and a base and one without plugs and no base.

Le Manchou

As your blog, it's an impressive work. I would be interested by Napoleonic period 1/600 to 1/1 000 scale footprint buildings to add to my maps. I will follow the evolution of your project.

That sounds like A New Range of 2/3mm Buildings! Yes, it's possible. I'll give it a try. I'd imagine they would need to be sold not by the building but by the village! Which part of Europe are you thinking of?

Well, special buildings like the Granary at Essling, Hougoumont, etc... and a range of houses, farms and churches from Germany, Austria, Spain, Russia, Italy...
Si vis pacem, para bellum