The Supreme Littleness Designs website is launched!

Started by WeeWars, 09 March 2015, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Quote from: fred    12df on 10 March 2015, 08:38:16 PM
One thing that I really like on the Sarrisa buildings (and some of the ones sold by Leon)  is that they include laser cut card board parts, that add detailing, and help break up the 'flat wall of MDF' look.

It's the same board I've been using. However, since we're dealing with a smaller scale I've ordered some very thin plywood to experiment with.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

Would the laser machine cut heavy paper or thin cardboard ?
You could do the detailing with this material then.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: barbarian on 11 March 2015, 08:30:22 AM
Would the laser machine cut heavy paper or thin cardboard ?
You could do the detailing with this material then.

Yes, it can. All the less than 2mm parts including the roof of the model are cardboard.

WeeWars

Here's something that as a gamer I've been wanting for some time. I prefer to cram as many building models as possible into a village or town. I'm not a fan of mixing scales of buildings and figures but I can appreciate why other gamers do it. One alternative is small footprint buildings. I'm experimenting here with very small footprint buildings. These 10mm houses each have a footprint of only 20 x 40mm.

There is no set way of assembling the models. The walls are interchangeable – although it seems appropriate that each building has a door, a chimney and at least one window! There are two extensions with lean-to roofs that can be fixed to any blank wall and a bake-house type chimney for one of them. The three buildings should provide a good deal of variety.

Cheers, Michael

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: fsn on 11 March 2015, 01:22:19 PM
You interest me strangely, Sir.

Hopefully my work rather than me personally.  :)

barbarian

Any price tag yet ?

I may be interested depending on the price.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

No prices as yet. These three buildings would come as a set. I'm interested to know what forum members think would be a suitable price based on other 10mm buildings.

Leman

I think those buildings would be even better (and more versatile) if they came with optional shutters for the windows - thinking France, Spain, Italy and so on. I would definitely be up for that.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

WeeWars

Shutters will be added as soon as the ultra thin plywood supplies arrive next week.  :)

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

I think the idea of walls and outhouses that can be shuffled about to create different varieties of building is one worth exploring and possibly extending. My only reservation at the moment (as it is with all laser-cut buildings) is how they can be made to blend in with my stock of existing resin-cast buildings. I have one friend who has totally disposed of all his resin-cast stock in order to use only laser-cut items. And the reason I know is that he disposed of them to me!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 March 2015, 03:24:55 PM
I think the idea of walls and outhouses that can be shuffled about to create different varieties of building is one worth exploring and possibly extending. My only reservation at the moment (as it is with all laser-cut buildings) is how they can be made to blend in with my stock of existing resin-cast buildings. I have one friend who has totally disposed of all his resin-cast stock in order to use only laser-cut items. And the reason I know is that he disposed of them to me!

I agree that blending one type with another is sometimes hard. To be honest, I find that different manufacturer's buildings even in the same material can be hard to use together. For my own 1809 project, I think I have at least three different Essling villages! I think one way of using laser-cut models together with resin is to be artistic with filler/modelling paste on the flat areas of the laser-cut models, even just adding a simple brush over of filler to catch a drybrush highlight. But I don't mind the idea of a tabletop covered with laser-cut models.  :D  I hope to be able to produce enough to allow gamers to do just that.  :)

Maenoferren

11 March 2015, 04:01:26 PM #43 Last Edit: 11 March 2015, 04:08:28 PM by Leon
Quote from: WeeWars on 11 March 2015, 01:17:04 PM
Here's something that as a gamer I've been wanting for some time. I prefer to cram as many building models as possible into a village or town. I'm not a fan of mixing scales of buildings and figures but I can appreciate why other gamers do it. One alternative is small footprint buildings. I'm experimenting here with very small footprint buildings. These 10mm houses each have a footprint of only 20 x 40mm.

There is no set way of assembling the models. The walls are interchangeable – although it seems appropriate that each building has a door, a chimney and at least one window! There are two extensions with lean-to roofs that can be fixed to any blank wall and a bake-house type chimney for one of them. The three buildings should provide a good deal of variety.

Cheers, Michael

Now I do like them... :)
I have no use for them (yet)... What about fortifications, middle ages and Middle eastern?
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.