The Supreme Littleness Designs website is launched!

Started by WeeWars, 09 March 2015, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Quote from: Bodvoc on 09 March 2015, 04:46:55 PM
That is an excellent mdf building, not my period but if you ever did any ancients/dark ages/medieval/fantasy then I would be interested.

Thanks.

Certainly can. What, particularly, is there a lack of at the moment?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Excellent stuff. About time there was more 10mm MDF.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bodvoc

There seems to be very little in 10mm scenery/buildings 10mm fortifications for a range of periods from biblical upwards (and fantasy too could go down well with Pendrakens new Warband rules, such as a wizards tower, think Orthanc in mdf ). Also a range of generic medieval to renaissance style houses could cover a whole variety of periods. I bet the Sci Fi fans would love some slot together factory and urban ruins. and boats, any period.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

getagrip

Quote from: Bodvoc on 09 March 2015, 05:42:51 PM
There seems to be very little in 10mm scenery/buildings 10mm fortifications for a range of periods from biblical upwards (and fantasy too could go down well with Pendrakens new Warband rules, such as a wizards tower, think Orthanc in mdf ). Also a range of generic medieval to renaissance style houses could cover a whole variety of periods. I bet the Sci Fi fans would love some slot together factory and urban ruins. and boats, any period.

Wizard's tower would get my vote ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Orcs

That looks really good.

Just a thought, do the signs show through when you paint the building?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fenton

Can we have a windmill please as no one seems to do one in 10mm
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

One in the Spanish range Leon does.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

Very nice indeed... Please keep up the good work.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

WeeWars

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 09 March 2015, 08:55:24 PM

That looks really good.

Just a thought, do the signs show through when you paint the building?

The lettering is engraved so ink in the cuts should do it. Likewise, if you don't want the lettering, a little filler and it's gone.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Quote from: Fenton on 09 March 2015, 08:57:35 PM
Can we have a windmill please as no one seems to do one in 10mm
Except, of course, Pendraken, who provide one in the Escenografia range of buildings - and it's ready painted.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dunnadd

10 March 2015, 07:18:14 PM #26 Last Edit: 10 March 2015, 07:28:38 PM by Dunnadd
That building does look pretty good, but these MDF kits take a lot of putting together - and some companies don't even bother with any instructions on paper or online.

Will you be providing any ready made? Or with instructions at least?

I tend to prefer resin or plastic buildings - a bit more expensive but save a lot of time as they're already in one piece.

But if the MDF buildings were good enough i might buy some - seen some 10mm MDF castles but not really impressed with them - think they could probably be done better.

The Sally 4th ones for instance look to me like they're shouting "I am made of cardboard" even when pre-painted. Not sure if that's just because they could be done better, or due to the limits of MDF on its own as a material.

Kallistra and The Baggage train do some 10mm castles and saxon and Roman forts that aren't bad, but a wider range of fantasy and medieval fortifications and buildings would be nice.

WeeWars

Quote from: Dunnadd on 10 March 2015, 07:18:14 PM
That building does look pretty good, but these MDF kits take a lot of putting together - and some companies don't even bother with any instructions on paper or online.

Will you be providing any ready made? Or with instructions at least?

I tend to prefer resin or plastic buildings - a bit more expensive but save a lot of time as they're already in one piece.

But if the MDF buildings were good enough i might buy some - seen some 10mm MDF castles but not really impressed with them - think they could probably be done better.

The Sally 4th ones for instance look to me like they're shouting "I am made of cardboard" even when pre-painted. Not sure if that's just because they could be done better, or due to the limits of MDF on its own as a material.

Kallistra and The Baggage train do some 10mm castles and saxon and Roman forts that aren't bad, but a wider range of fantasy and medieval fortifications and buildings would be nice.

Dunnadd

Thanks! They do take a bit of happy gluing time. I'm used to making my own stuff in card so it seems to me a great saving in time not to have to measure and cut everything! Fear not, I shall be providing instructions and support online when I get a new website up and running. Like all materials, MDF and the other sheet materials that laser machines can cut have their limitations. I hope to push the possibilities but there is a reason why small-scale laser-cut buildings are not as well-represented in the market as the larger scales: because they can be very fiddly. Hopefully gamers will agree that the assembly time is worth the effort!

I'll be posting more pics. Hopefully you'll be tempted!

Cheers, Michael

fred.

I do like the look of this building, good stuff.

It does look a lot smarter than the drawing of the original! Not that bothers me, as I wouldn't be using it in its historical setting.

MDF buildings take a bit of putting together - but this one looks like 2 basic boxes, so should go together well. One thing that I really like on the Sarrisa buildings (and some of the ones sold by Leon)  is that they include laser cut card board parts, that add detailing, and help break up the 'flat wall of MDF' look.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Maenoferren

Quote from: WeeWars on 10 March 2015, 08:28:45 PM
Dunnadd

Thanks! They do take a bit of happy gluing time. I'm used to making my own stuff in card so it seems to me a great saving in time not to have to measure and cut everything! Fear not, I shall be providing instructions and support online when I get a new website up and running. Like all materials, MDF and the other sheet materials that laser machines can cut have their limitations. I hope to push the possibilities but there is a reason why small-scale laser-cut buildings are not as well-represented in the market as the larger scales: because they can be very fiddly. Hopefully gamers will agree that the assembly time is worth the effort!

I'll be posting more pics. Hopefully you'll be tempted!

Cheers, Michael
Happy to put things together, its the cutting out accurately that I hate.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!